Number of hires for this role 1 **Qualifications**
+ High school or equivalent (Preferred)
+ Plastics Injection Molding: 1 year (Preferred)
+ Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)
Salary $14 - $20 an hour Job Type Full-time **Full Job Description**
**Mursix Corporation**is a family-owned manufacturing facility located near I-69, exit 241.
**Mursix offers a full benefit package including:**
* Health Insurance * Dental * Vision * Health Savings Account * 401K * Company paid life insurance and short term disability * Fully-equipped state-of-the art fitness facility, staffed with a health and wellness coordinator and on-site exercise classes and nutrition counseling
**TITLE:** Mold Technician
**REPORTS TO:** Production Manager
**CLASSIFICATION:** Hourly Non-Exempt
**POSITION SUMMARY:** Support and maintain the uptime of the Production area by assisting with set-ups and other processes that improve overall efficiencies.
· Document processing parameters of molding machines at the beginning of a job start up and get startups running to rate within quality guidelines. Set-up and operate all equipment with near excellent speed and accuracy.
· Ensure resin inventory levels are accurate at each tear out and report any discrepancy to area lead.
· Monitor regrind. Ensure processes and equipment are functioning properly. Follow guidelines for regrind use percentage and execute scrap transactions in Plex as necessary to maintain the process.
· Assist in establishing processes for new molds, document process development and changes, evaluating new tool performance and monitoring new tool design. Coordinate maintenance of molds, specify repair or alteration of molds and automation while ensuring adequate documentation is maintained.
· Monitor drying equipment and verify proper functioning.
· Identify equipment issues in any/all auxiliary equipment.
· Perform daily maintenance PM’s.
· Purge systems as needed and execute scrap transactions in Plex as necessary for inventory accuracy.
· Adhere to all safety requirements and protocols, environmental guidelines, as well as company rules and policies.
· Maintain a clean and safe work area using 5S standards.
· Pursue ongoing goal of cost reductions.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
All of the above essential functions require varying degrees of physical movement, independence, judgement, and discretion. It also requires the ability to be mobile within the office and/or work area. The employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
**Education:** High School diploma or equivalent
**Experience:** Able to read and understand measuring equipment and blueprints
**Education:** Vocational certificate or degree in machine trades
**Experience:** Working knowledge of setting up, processing and troubleshooting the injection molding process, tooling, setting molds.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 - $20.00 per hour
* 401(k) * 401(k) matching * Dental insurance * Employee assistance program * Health insurance * Health savings account * Life insurance * Paid time off * Professional development assistance * Tuition reimbursement * Vision insurance
* 10 hour shift
* High school or equivalent (Preferred)
* Plastics Injection Molding: 1 year (Preferred) * Manufacturing: 1 year (Preferred)