Pace Industries Port City Group • Muskegon, MI
As a member of a cross-functional team, tool room personnel pull and set molds in a timely manner. This position is responsible for making some decisions independently that have an impact on operation. Completes proper paperwork and documentation accordance with Pace work instructions. In addition to direct involvement in the introduction of new tooling and processes, tool room personnel are a major player in efforts to reduce waste and eliminate process/product variation and control issues, utilizing SMED and other continuous improvement methods.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pull and set molds in a timely manner, hitting established targets while striving to improve the time between last good piece and first good piece.
- Set up operator workstations in accordance with the company standard including the setup and verification of machine and process settings
- Start up and shut down of machines, troubleshooting when needed to support uptime and operator productivity/efficiency.
- Mixing and staging raw materials. Maintaining an accurate record of materials used.
- Communicate with Management, performance as well as any issues or needs that arise
- Prep dies for storage and production run. Conduct PM’s on mold tooling to promote max tool life.
- Ensures all checklists related to this position are completed to promote standard work adherence e.g. red/green checklists, blue sheet checks etc.
- Ability to follow production schedules, set priorities based on production needs, react to changes swiftly.
- Provide a clean and organized work environment through 5-S controls.
- Ensures a safe work environment is maintained, appropriate safety systems/processes are utilized, and works with the EHS Department to ensure compliance with all OSHA and other state/federal safety and environmental related rules and regulations.
- Maintain and comply with all other company and corporate systems and procedures as applicable for your area of responsibility.
- Perform all other duties as needed.
- Ability to take instruction and constructive criticism
- Must be able to earn and maintain crane & hoist operator certification
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills in order to work effectively in a team environment.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written and spoken, in order to read and interpret work instructions and other job-related documentation.
- Must be able to perform simple math calculations
- Must have ability to use basic handheld measuring tools
You should be proficient in:
- Tool/Die/Mold Repair
- Tool/Die/Mold Setups