Exotic Metals Forming Company • Airway Heights, WA
12 days agoShare Job
Pace Industries Grafton Division • Grafton, WI
6 days ago
Employees are required to maintain molten metal supply in the melt room and holding furnaces at the die cast machines safely and efficiently to support the production requirements and to assure the proper alloy is provided for the parts being cast.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Operate a sit down forklift to pour molten aluminum into the holding furnaces on the die cast machines. This process, called hauling metal, must be done in a safe, efficient, and timely manner as to keep production running at all times while minimizing costly mistakes such as overfilling furnaces, overfilling ladles, spilling metal, letting furnaces run too low on metal or out of temperature, mixing alloys, etc.
• Keep transfer (bull) ladles properly cleaned and heated.
• Keep scrap hoppers emptied and identified.
• Daily chipping, cleaning, fluxing, and skimming of breakdown furnaces. This also includes Striko Holding Furnaces.
• Keep alloys separated. This applies to all metal including that which is stored, in any furnace, or in scrap form.
• Cold clean and repair of breakdown furnaces. This includes jackhammering, cleaning, forming, ramming, casting, painting, etc.
• Charge metal to breakdown furnaces in such a way as to keep them full of the proper alloy metal and at the proper temperatures. Metal is charged in form of sows, ingots, castings, and ingredients.
• On Striko Furnaces clean fill funnels and pouring spouts. Coat as needed.
• Perform alloy changes in any furnace properly.
• Run spectrometer including cleaning, profile, standardization, and routine analysis.
• Work in a safe manner and report unsafe conditions/hazards immediately.
• Capable and willing to work overtime.
• Perform other associated duties, functions, or work as needed or assigned to continue the productive operation of the company.
• Must follow all safety rules and policies as set forth by OSHA guidelines and Pace Industries policies and procedures as outlined in the employee manual.
Must be able to read and understand written directives.
The predominate forms of instructions are written, visual, and verbal.
Forklift certification required.
This is a physically demanding position requiring moderately heavy lifting and working in a hot environment.
Pace is a career destination for engaged, passionate and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that only we offer.