Toolcraft Machining • Germantown, WI
Cost Estimator – Quoting Engineer
At Toolcraft Machining, we strive to have a world-class culture. We demonstrate our passion for Empowering People to Win Together through training, communication, and teamwork. A career at Toolcraft Machining means joining our family where we take pride in our core values of Grit, Authenticity and Doing The Right Thing. Community events, golf outings, potlucks, and holiday parties are just a few examples of how we build our Toolcraft Machining community.
We are a short run machine shop specializing in producing complex precision components for multiple industries. We believe that our employees are our most valuable assets, which is why we are committed to providing the resources necessary to make Toolcraft Machining a great place to work.
The successful Cost Estimator – Quoting Engineer is responsible for the creation of sales estimations for make complete machined parts using customer supplied prints and specifications.
- Assist in the development of relationships with current and new vendors
- Establish timely, creative and effective solutions to maintain a positive relationship with suppliers, customers.
- Quoting labor required for machining metal parts out of forgings, castings etc.
- Quote labor required for machining “super” alloys (Monel, Inconel, Titanium)
- Identify and establish target pricing levels for standard materials.
- Assist in pricing negotiations and pricing structures for quote generation.
- Critically analyze customer quote requests (EAU, material, critical features)
- Determine sequence of operations that need to be quoted.
- Comply with ITAR regulations and CMMC.
Bachelors degree in Engineering field or 15+ experience as machinist or toomaker.
5+ years quoting CNC machining and manufacturing process
Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office.
CAD/CAM experience preferred.
Work authorization – USA Citizen
- Experience in and/or knowledge of secondary machining operations and basic manufacturing operations including heat treat, turning, milling, drilling, and other operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CAD/CAM software
- Strong presentation, written, verbal and communication skills with the ability to interact and work with employees and customers at all levels of the organization.
- Strengths in decision making, prioritization, problem solving follow up and detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment with poise and purpose.
- The capacity to successfully work both independently and in collaboration with others.
- Maintain confidentiality.
Benefits include Health and Dental Insurance, Life and AD&D insurance, health savings account with employer match, vacation, holiday pay, 401 (K) with employer match and profit Sharing. Annual performance bonus.
Toolcraft Machining Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or sexual orientation, transgender status, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status.
Toolcraft Machining Inc ensures nondiscrimination in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI & Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. Please contact us if you need more information or special assistance for persons with disabilities.
[Apply for this job]()