Yard Maintenance Technician is responsible for the daily cleaning of the branch service department, maintaining an orderly yard, cleaning of all units brought into the facility, receiving and shipping equipment, helping all departments in obtaining repair parts or materials needed, and other general service department duties as directed by the Branch Manager.
- Maintenance – Ensure shop is maintained and clean daily. Clean all units before and after repair is completed by technician. Clean and maintain yard and attachments. Fuel and inspect all company owned equipment. Operate a forklift.
- Safety – Notify the Branch Manager immediately of all damages of equipment and facilities. Maintain a safe working environment in the shop and parts warehouse.
- Complete shipping and receiving documentation with photos for all company owned equipment and attachments.
- Assist Branch Manager with inventory control as needed.
- Assist the parts and sales departments in acquiring and delivery of parts needed by the service department.
- Assist sales department with delivery of demonstration sales equipment as needed.
- Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the frame work of Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company, Inc.’s objectives.
- Able to follow instructions and pre-established guidelines.
- Knowledge of machines and tools used for repair, maintenance and cleaning of facility.
- Able to operate a forklift.
- Able to communicate verbally and in written form effectively as appropriate for the needs of the customer or coworkers.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to process work with accuracy.
- Able to complete required documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Basic knowledge of office machines, including copier, fax and printer.
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology and structure.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Ability to lift and push a minimum of 50 lbs. frequently. Employee must be able to walk, climb, stoop, reach, crawl, crouch, stand and kneel for an extensive amount of time. Able to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
High school diploma or GED required. At least one year of past experience preferred but not required.