Job Location: Tiber Pulse Plant - Chester, MT
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: Undisclosed
Reports To: Pulse Plant Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Columbia Grain International, LLC. is a long time established full-service grain company in the grain and pulses business. We are headquartered in Portland, Oregon and own/operate over 60 elevators and offices throughout WA, ID, MN, MT, and ND to support our domestic and export sales program.
We are a mid-size company with just over 450 employees overall. The employees at Columbia Grain, at all levels of our organization, represent some of the most experienced and knowledgeable in the industry. We are proud of our ability to attract and maintain talented, efficient, long term, community minded employees who can develop lasting relationships with producers and customers both domestic and around the world.
The Warehouse Operator 1 will be responsible for recording data pertaining to receiving, storing, and shipping of grain at grain elevators. The Warehouse Operator will work with the other members of the team to work toward operational goals while maintaining quality and efficiencies.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Operate production equipment; open and close slide gates to start stop flow of grain.
- Accurate weighing grain and record in computer system print and sign scale tickets for all unloaded and loaded out grain by truck or rail.
- Responsible for accurately taking samples of all unloaded and loaded grain.
- Responsible for keeping charts indicating location and contents of storage tanks and bins.
- Complete and accurately monitor grades by weighing grain samples and recording results.
- Operate production equipment; start conveyors, bucket elevators selects flow pipes, and selects storage tanks to convey grain into storage or for loadout.
- Prepare rail car for loading; open/close rail car lids using anti-fall harness (safely exit the rail car height: 15-20 feet).
- Operation of a forklift.
- Ensures compliance with the FSMS systems, HACCP and appropriate SQF programs at the direction of management.
- Maintain all equipment including repair, periodic maintenance, and service. Including documenting in web-based maintenance program.
- General housekeeping and upkeep of working area to include; sweeping, shoveling, vacuum, compressed air, and sanitation.
- Ensure all safety policies and procedures are followed.
- Other duties assigned
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent experience.
- Previous experience in an industrial or manufacturing environment preferred not required.
- Strong focus and understanding of food safety including: HACCP training, paperwork, GMPs, and SQF code.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Basic knowledge of working with a computer and mechanical skills.
- Good work ethic (team environment, both safe and quality), efficient and willingness to perform all required work with good attendance.
Physical Requirements necessary to perform this job
- Must be able to move freely throughout the operations plant to include walking on elevated platforms, standing, sitting, climbing, stooping, kneeling and crawling
- Ability to regularly lift and move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and move up to 25 lbs. and occasionally lift and move up to 100 lbs.
- Exposure to extreme climate temperatures, humidity and noise
- Must be able to work in high places and confined spaces (height up to 100 feet).
- Occasionally required to taste and smell
- Required to wear protective equipment to include hard hat, safety glasses, protective footwear, gloves, coveralls, and other PPE as required.
- Comprehensive Health, Dental, and RX benefits
- Company paid Life Insurance and Disability
- Flexible Spending Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401K Retirement savings plan
- Paid Holidays, Vacation and Sick leave
Successful completion of initial and ongoing employment screens, including but not limited to criminal background and vehicle record as required.
Columbia Grain is an Equal Opportunity Employer