Alpha Electric is looking for a highly motivated, self-starter individual to work at our Kauai Location.
Receives and coordinates the distribution of materials, tools, equipment, and products within establishments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Reads production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
• Conveys materials and items from receiving or production areas to storage or to other designated areas.
• Sorts and places materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product
• Fills requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials or other stock items and distributes items to production workers or assembly line.
• Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department.
• Marks materials with identifying information and records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
• Opens bales, crates, and other containers.
• Records amounts of materials or items received or distributed.
• Weighs or counts items for distribution within plant to ensure conformance to company standards.
• Arranges stock parts in specified sequence for assembly by other workers.
• Uses computer to enter records and compiles worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
• Compiles worksheets or tickets for customer specifications.
• Drives/operates vehicles such as, forklifts and trucks to transport stored items from warehouse and to pick up items from several locations for shipment.
• Completes requisition forms to order supplies from other plant departments and maintains inventory records.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE — High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
LANGUAGE SKILLS —Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS — Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
SKILLS/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED — Must be forklift certified. SX.e Navigation, Warehouse Transfer, Work Order, Reports, Inquiries, Formal and Web-based training SX.e training sessions are available.
REASONING ABILITY — Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS — The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT — The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and requires the proper use of safety equipment such as protective eyewear, earplugs, hard toe shoes, etc.
Here at Alpha Electric we offer:
*Medical/ Dental/Drug/Vision or $150 Medical Waiver Benefit.