Honsador has grown over the years to become the largest building materials supplier in Hawaii. The Company has operations on all four major Hawaiian Islands with branch outlets on Oahu, Maui, Kauai, Kona & Hilo. We also maintain a major facility in Portland, Oregon where building materials are purchased directly from producers for shipment to Hawaii.
Seeking a Truss Designer for our Hilo Truss branch. Qualified individuals will have a minimum of five years’ experience and will generate clear, complete, accurate working plans and detail layout drawings based on architectural and engineering plans for the fabrication of roof/floor trusses and components. Also have the ability to read Blueprints and prior use of Sapphire-the modeling portion of the design program is required. Prior sales experience is preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualification Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability preferred.
• Knowledgeable in the basic aspects of construction
• Previous experience using truss, engineered wood product or wall panel design software
• High level of knowledge in the application of the products being designed
• Competency in basic mathematics, geometry and trigonometry
• Knowledgeable in reading architectural and structural plans
• Ability to analyze, trouble shoot and problem solve
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
****We offer: Competitive Pay, 401k, Vacation/Sick Leave, 11 holidays, Medical/ Dental/Drug/Vision or $150 Medical Waiver Benefit.
Learn more about our company at: www.honsador.com.
***This in NOT a remote position***