Are you ready for a career where fun means business? Join us at Oriental Trading Company, a Berkshire Hathaway Company!
As our Transportation Clerk, you will be responsible for acting as a point of contact for the company to coordinate transportation needs, resolve transportation issues, and process carrier invoices and claims.
- Provides professional customer service to both internal and external customers
- Utilizes research and general problem solving techniques to resolve situations. Requires solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office and the ability to utilize multiple computer environments with a focus on data retrieval and reporting
- Communicates frequently with support areas to include Inventory Support, Information Technology, Equipment Operations and other related departments from all facilities
- Routes domestic inbound deliveries and schedules arrivals
- Audits and reconciles carrier invoices
- Assists in coordinating transport of outbound and inbound shipments to and from all facilities
- Monitors transportation activities that occur on all shifts at all facilities
- Advances orders as requested
- Prepares bills of lading and commercial invoices as requested
- Files and tracks claims for contracted LTL and parcel carriers
- May be required to work required extra hours, including weekends, based on business needs
- May be required to perform any of the above functions at any of the company locations
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company, Inc.
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
- Working in the Fulfillment Center department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- High School diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Product knowledge and familiarity with production process is desired
- Minimum 2 years experience in transportation or related field
- Basic math and geographic skills, including 10-key proficiency
- General computer knowledge required. Proficient with Microsoft Office products preferred.
- Strong problem solving skills
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills needed for both internal and external customers
- Able to handle multiple tasks at one time with frequent interruptions and deadlines
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
- Click on the “Home” tab
- Click on “Current Job Opportunities”
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company (a Berkshire Hathaway company) is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of teaching supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Founded in 1932 by a Japanese American, the Oriental Trading' history of fun spans the better part of the last century. Today, Oriental Trading offers more than 60,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and nonprofits. With a corporate vision to “Make Life More Fun,” Oriental Trading spreads joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands; orientaltrading.com, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.