Majors Plastics, a 100% employee-owned plastics molding company is looking for a Tooling Engineer. The Tooling Engineer will be responsible for developing and tooling parts and components. You will participate in the design of new parts and components and assist in refining existing tooling.
- Collaborate with customer design groups in early development stages by providing technical direction of molding issues.
- Interact with outside tooling vendors to provide detailed quotation packages to customers.
- Coordinate the development of new production tooling by providing technical requirements to the toolmaker, specific to each tool.
- Document the process of each project by providing weekly progress reports to the customer.
- Control the transfer of part data between the customer and the toolmaker.
- Control the transfer of part inspection prints and Boms between the customer and Majors.
- Interact with customers at a technical level, as required.
- Coordinate initial mold tryouts and troubleshoot, as needed.
- Coordinate preliminary test runs and collaborate with customer and toolmaker, for any pre-production changes needed.
- Re-visit project, in full production, when changes are requested by the customer.
- Maintain high scores on internal engineering surveys.
Our Company offers the following benefits:
- Clean, Temperature-controlled Production area.
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Health, Life, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Prescription Drug Plan
- Casual Dress
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Ownership
- Bachelor’s degree with focus in engineering discipline or 10+ years of injection mold experience.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working with injection molded components.
- Demonstrated knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- Extensive knowledge of plastic injection mold design and construction.
- Good communication and documentation skills.
- Experience with 3-D data transfers, reading and interpreting 3-D part files and blueprints.
- Experience using SolidWorks.