The Territory Manager has responsibility for overall leadership of all functions within the assigned territory of the parking garage/building services business with the objective of generating maximum profitability and ensuring full capacity levels. Oversees the development and implementation of new processes, techniques, and service procedures and the territory’s P&L. The position directs all aspects of the sales cycle including solicitation, relationship development of new customers, proposal development, and oversight of repair and restoration projects
Experience & Education Required
- Bachelor’s in engineering field, construction management, business management, or related program
- Minimum of two years of parking garage, design, and hands-on construction and field experience
- Excellent project management skills, negotiation, problem-solving, sales, and technical writing
- Profit and loss responsibility for projects totaling $4-10M+/- in assigned geography
Will work with:
Reports to the VP, Managing Director StructureCare of High Concrete Group LLC. This position has direct responsibility for all sales as well as all project management and engineering staff. It will also receive support from the Marketing, Engineering, Purchasing, Information Systems, and Human Resources departments through matrix relationships.
Essential Job Functions
Fundamental job requirements, which an individual must be able to perform in order to accomplish the basic duties of the job.
- Provides leadership and direction to team members, including Business Development, Client Services, Project Management, and Field Engineering personnel.
- Develops and implements sales plans in support of HCG’s growth and profitability objectives. Provides sales forecast which allows for efficient service planning and staffing utilization.
- Directs all aspects of product services through Sales and Project management in accordance with the approved budget and operating goals. Assists Project management in the planning of their service schedules and implements the overall service contracts schedule per signed agreements.
- Anticipates future needs, methods, and products and advises those concerned about these developments/requirements.
- Helps develop and maintain IT systems that are used to maintain and advance the business.
- Negotiates and resolves conflicts with customers (in consultation with VP, Managing Director) and ensures that bid scope is reflected in sales contracts.
- Works with appropriate team members to execute StructureCare vendor strategy. Negotiates and resolves conflicts with support from the company purchasing personnel to ensure strong and equitable vendor relationships.
- Monitors project performance regarding cost and quality. Communicates performance levels to management and assist them with the implementation of necessary corrective action and follow-up procedures.
- Prepares all StructureCare related material for operations review meetings, strategic planning, and annual budget process.
- Creates a culture and fosters the development of an environment that encourages coworker involvement with regard to safety, cost, delivery, and quality. Openly communicates to coworkers how the Company is doing and what needs to happen to ensure our continued mutual success.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates in support of their personal and professional development. Recommends salary adjustments for subordinates.
- Advises direct reports on labor issues including safety, employee relations issues, scheduling, training, disputes, etc. Ensures management adheres to company policy and administers practices in a fair and consistent manner.
- Analyzes various accounting reports on productivity, expenses, and losses relative to service agreements and takes appropriate corrective action within the scope of assigned authority. Utilizes new and existing metrics to drive changes that will improve productivity and cost.
- Conducts Territory team meetings for the purpose of reporting and communicating activities, policies, procedures, and results of the departments, and for coordination of functional, company, group, and corporate goals.
- Conducts regularly scheduled one-on-ones with direct reports.
- Builds client relationships through high-level sales and customer service.
- Leads the management and oversight of repair and restoration projects.
- Consults with new and existing customers as requested.
- Accountable for the control of all budget variances.
- Establishes and monitors progress on all service contracts.
- Maintains expenses within the yearly budget and submits reports as required.
Marginal Job Functions
Duties performed by the job which are not critical, but required to have successful completion of the essential job functions:
- Attends various meetings, training seminars and special courses, etc. as directed.
- Be committed to the MDI and Continuous Improvement process and serve as a role model.
- Be cognizant of corporate policies and programs on all matters related to operations, co-workers, safety and customers, or any other matters, and ensure they are followed at all levels.
- Maintain knowledge of the industry in order to be aware of new methods, equipment, etc. Attend new equipment and product shows relative to the concrete industry and energy conservation.
- Assist and advise Vice President, Managing Director StructureCare on projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties and tasks as assigned within the scope of the job responsibilities.