At Calavo Growers, we believe quality, teamwork, good citizenship, embodying a will to win and displaying a respect for our people forms the foundation of our mission.
Wage: 11.25 per hour
The Stacker is responsible for the unloading, loading, picking, staging, running and movement of raw, finished, and in-process goods. The Stacker performs the assigned duties and responsibilities while maintaining a safe work environment and following the assigned policies and procedures.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Safely stack and move product by hand and with warehouse equipment pallet jacks, etc.
- Receive, move, and ship materials physically and systematically with the use of RF and warehouse management systems.
- Complete necessary paperwork and in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain traceability throughout the receiving, picking, and shipping process.
- Adhere to all safety and food safety procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
This job does not have direct supervision over any positions.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication - Speaks and understands so as to follow directions and get clarification; Responds well to questions.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization's goals and values.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Adaptability - Manages competing demands; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time. Works a schedule to ensure that warehouse goals and responsibilities are executed. Follows company procedures when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE LEVEL, CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, AND REGISTRATIONS:
- High School diploma preferred
- Previous experience operating all types of MHE including, stand up forklift, stand up reach lift,
sit down forklift, rider pallet jacks, and man up cherry picker, preferred but not required
- Prior WMS, SAP, AS400, or other warehouse management system experience preferred.
- Experience handling food in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to read computer generated reports preferred.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee will regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Wear personal protective equipment (hair net, smock, and non-slip water resistant footwear).
- Work in a cold and hot environment
- Physical hazards of working in and about moving machinery.
- Must be cognizant of body and limbs so as to not be too close to machinery.
- Risk of vehicle collision by travel on streets and roadways.
FOOD SAFETY & FOOD SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES:
All persons within the company have responsibilities to ensure that threats to the safety and security of our final product are minimized. Responsibilities for this position include;
- Compliance with GH Foods’ Good Manufacturing Practices [GMPs]
- Reporting any unauthorized persons in or about the facility as well as incidents of employee tampering to management.
- Understanding basic concepts of food borne illness.
Secure outbound and inbound loads are secured as outlined in company policy.