Sr. Manager of Big Data Engineering, eCommerce
Position SummaryMaking the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
In today’s fast evolving technology world, one aspect remains common – reliance on data to drive the next wave of innovation. The Machine Learning & AI team is Samsung’s Center-of-Excellence for driving the adoption of data driven decision making and product development across the company. The team’s core focus is developing best-in-class solutions that provide Samsung’s marketing and service organizations with a 360 degree view of the Samsung customers.
This role will be responsible for overall digital and analytics platform that is pivotal to Samsung Omnichannel success in US. It provides product thought leadership as well as ensure deliverable/operation success. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated product leadership success in developing business critical digital solutions and insightful analytics experience in translating data into actionable insights. This role is required to be detail oriented, action bias, and creative in solving business problem with right solution. The scope SYNC as a platform to centralize all Samsung SKU launch cross digital channels, Omnichannel analytics for Samsung digital business reporting, Clavis based business performance analysis, and User rating/review management.
Role and Responsibilities
Role and Responsibilities:
- Hands-on experience defining digital capability and providing business insightful analytics at scale.
- Oversees a team of engineers & admins who build and manage the big data platform.
- Provide product and technical direction within the organization.
- Build strong partnership with business teams with aligned requirement, roadmap, launch plan and ensure ultimate digital launch success.
- Define and champion Platform & Infrastructure engineering best practice.
- Platform & Infrastructure operational excellence with the continuous improvement on availability & stability.
- Work with other infrastructure teams to ensure platform stability and meet Samsung security requirement.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executives, Product and business teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Technical liaison with technology vendors and integration partners.
- Successfully communicate product roadmap, business plan, impact/result cross organization including with senior leadership.
- Customer focused and process driven.“Can do “ attitude, and Ability to think out of the box and rapidly prototype and deliver innovative solutions.
Skills and Qualifications:
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or Engineering with 15+ years’ of relevant work experience
- 12+ years’ experience in delivering high available and high scalable digital capabilities and business analytics success.
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in digital or analytics space at leadership level.
- 5+ years of experience in leading product or analytics strategy, roadmap, prioritization in sales, marketing, ecommerce, digital spaces.
- Demonstrated success in building partnership both internally and externally.
- Demonstrated success in communication cross organization and executive forums.
- Industry expertise of database structures, theories, principles, and practices.
Skills and Qualifications
Physical/Mental Demands and Working Conditions: The position requires the ability to perform the essential duties and responsibilities in the following environment:
- Work is generally performed in an office environment.
- Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time.
- The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time under 25 pounds.
- Performs work under time schedules and stresses which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive job stress, fatigue, unpaid over-time, intellectual challenge, constant technical data feedback, language barriers, and business management stress.
- Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids representative and commonly associated with PCs, printers, and office work areas.
- Frequently works additional hours beyond normal schedule.
- Under very little direct supervision with a high level of responsibility to apply general policies and guidelines where decisions are seldom monitored and consequences of decisions adversely affect operating results and management decisions. Complete access to confidential company data where disclosure may jeopardize the company’s competitive position.
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualify for an exemption.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.