Sr. Manager, Business Analytics and Insights (eCommerce)-Plano, TX or Bellevue, WA
Position SummaryMaking the future is everyday life at Samsung. We’re seeking innovators who are called to not just change the world, but build a better one. We enable the best technology hardware on the planet, but our best is always a prototype for something better and our people thrive with a driven mindset – better builds on better. We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We aim to create a global team where everyone belongs and has equal opportunities, inspiring our talent to be their true selves. Together, we are building a better tomorrow for our customers, partners and communities.
The eCommerce Business Analytics and Insights Sr. Manager is a key member of Samsung.com Strategy & Operations organization, responsible for generating data driven insights and support analytics across business units. This role will work cross-functionally with category managers, product, and engineering teams to deliver timely data and insights in support of key business decisions. This role will have a high degree of influence and visibility with the senior leadership and be a key driver of the organization’s online vision. The individual hired for this role will need to be a highly analytical individual, self-motivated, able to generate insights from data and present in a cohesive and streamlined story. Must be able to work with speed and accuracy in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
Role and Responsibilities
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Lead and develop a high-performing analytics team, prioritizing workload and developing processes and automations to drive efficiency.
- Provide the Samsung.com leadership team and key stakeholders with data insights and recommendations for improving online e-commerce business.
- Manage and build statistical analyses and reports across large and varied data sets to identify patterns, user funnel attrition and business outcome though our sell-out platforms.
- Develop predictive models to define which actions will have the most impact on desired business outcomes across the consumer journey, promotions, and sell-out platforms.
- Conduct root cause analysis to identify underlying issue and provide recommended actions to resolve.
- Serve as a key member on multiple strategic initiatives providing data-driven insights to inform the strategy and performance improvement actions.
- Assess and build benchmarking indicators to forecast business risks / opportunities and work with key stakeholders to define mitigation plans as warranted.
- Need to be able to convert business goals to data requirements for BI roadmap to Big Data team.
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to answer key business questions for stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related subject strongly preferred; with 12+ years of directly related experience is required.
- Master’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other related subject strongly preferred.
- Proficient in SQL, Tableau, Adobe Analytics, and Vertica.
- Previous experience in business planning, e-commerce analytics, or similar function, with heavy focus on data analysis, and supporting online business.
- Demonstrated success in a high-pressure and fast-paced environment with ability to respond to changing priorities without loss in performance or productivity.
- Ability to communicate the problem statement with required solution across different teams
- Microsoft Standard Office Suite and advanced expertise in PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated program management ability, proven experience planning and executing large scale projects and initiatives.
- Had experience conducting ETL and data mapping as required and also co-ordinate the same with engineering teams
- Experience with statistical tools such as R or SAS and a working knowledge of programming languages like Python
- Ability to curate focused insights for driving go-to-market strategies on constricted timelines.
- Demonstrated strong leadership and influencing skills with senior level leaders and teams.
- Excellent analytical, problem resolution and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to build alignment and drive closure on issues.
- Fluent in Korean and English.
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualify for an exemption.
Skills and Qualifications
Necessary Skills and attributes:
Demonstrated ability to interact at all levels within customer's organizations. The ability to negotiate with and convince others, in a potentially adversarial environment, including customer leadership, directors and managers with opposing views to accept/approve plans, technical and project recommendations. The ability to plan, organize and prioritize multiple strategic programs and simultaneous performance objectives. The ability to write, read, interpret, explain and act based on a thorough understanding of technical documents, engineering materials and contracts or related documents. Ability to make professional sales and business presentations in writing, through email, reports, or orally, including complex business and technical matters to an audience of high technical skills, management and operational experience. Ability to support a cross-functional Samsung team to achieve customer contracted objectives and specific team goals within established time frames and requirements.
Work is generally performed in an office environment. Operate a computer keyboard and view a video display terminal between more than 50% of work time, including prolonged periods of time. Requires considerable work utilizing high visual acuity / detail, numeric / character distinction and moderate hand / finger dexterity. The movement and transportation of equipment, most of the time is under 25 pounds. Performs work under time schedules and stress which are normally periodic or cyclical, including time sensitive deadlines, intellectual challenges and project management deadlines. Machines, tools, equipment, and work aids include PC’s, printers, copiers, faxes and other equipment commonly associated with an office work area. May require working additional hours beyond normal schedule. Travel varies depending on position.
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.