General Summary of Purpose:
As our Sr. Advance Analytics Analyst, you will be responsible for developing ideas to increase revenue, reduce costs, and improve decision-support. Enhance understanding of customer behavior. Provide analytical support to marketing efforts. Develop additional customer insight techniques.
Work a 3/2 hybrid remote schedule. Work in the office Tuesday-Thursday and remotely Monday and Friday.
- Educates and trains Advanced Analytics Analysts about statistical techniques and modeling methodology
- Builds statistical models to predict customer behavior and segment/profile customers
- Integrates customer analysis with circulation, merchandise, and e-commerce analysis
- Analyzes trends and patterns in customer behavior related to purchasing habits (RFM, product categories, channel usage, etc.)
- Develops and updates name and sales forecasting models as assigned
- Participates in qualitative research program as assigned
- Summarizes analysis findings in concise, well-reasoned, and actionable reports
- Ensures all required files are delivered to marketing database team per schedule to ensure timely execution of marketing calendar
- Utilizes customer database reporting tools to extract data for statistical analysis
- Abides by all policies and procedures of Oriental Trading Company
- Maintains regular and predictable attendance
- Must be able to attend face to face meetings on short or little advance notice
- Work in the Marketing Department office environment requires in-person collaboration among colleagues and contractors
Here’s what you need to join the fun:
- High level understanding of data measurement and data structures
- Creative thinker able to solve complex analytic problems with little direction
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong technical writing capability
- Very detail oriented
- Able to work independently on multiple, simultaneous projects under tight deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Excel®, Access® and/or similar software
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Power Point or similar software
- Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in a quantitative field, such as Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Economics, Management Information Systems or closely related field required
- Minimum three years of experience in marketing analysis related to direct marketing, financial services or other service sector
- Experience with statistical and data reporting tools (SAS preferred)
- Experience with relational database query language such as SQL
- Experience with multivariate data analysis methods is required, prefer experience with large, (multi-million) customer base
- Experience in statistical analysis to include segmentation techniques, direct/target marketing and analysis of large populations is highly preferred
To apply in less than ten minutes click the “Apply” button or view a complete list of our current openings at http://www.myotccareer.com
To apply in less than ten minutes, log in to Ultipro.
- Click on the “Home” tab
- Click on “Current Job Opportunities”
ATTENTION: If you are creating a new profile, you must Save the profile information and then login with your new user when prompted to complete the application process.
All work and no play just isn’t our style. Join us today!
Oriental Trading Company (a Berkshire Hathaway company) is the nation’s largest direct retailer of value-priced party supplies, arts and crafts, toys and novelties, and a leading provider of teaching supplies and affordable home décor and giftware. Founded in 1932 by a Japanese American, the Oriental Trading' history of fun spans the better part of the last century. Today, Oriental Trading offers more than 60,000 products to individuals, teachers, schools, churches, businesses and nonprofits. With a corporate vision to “Make Life More Fun,” Oriental Trading spreads joy and smiles to millions each year through a robust family of brands; orientaltrading.com, Fun Express, MindWare, SmileMakers, Morris Costumes and halloweenexpress.com.