Primoris Fleet is currently seeking for an experience Shop Mechanic in Odessa, Tx and Belton, Tx. This position will be responsible for repairs and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, fleet vehicles, heavy equipment, and various other equipment.
Assemble, set up, adjust, lubricate, maintain and repair all types of construction equipment
- Practice safety rules.
- Follow verbal and written instructions.
- Safe use of hand & power tools.
- Report to and assist immediate supervisor.
- Perform quality work as determined by project specifications.
- Accountable for all tools and materials at the end of your shift.
- Must work well as part of a team.
- Repair equipment such as internal combustion engines, air compressors, pumps, etc.
- Fabricate special lifting or towing attachments, hydraulic systems, shields or other devices according to blueprints or other schematic drawings.
- Perform the duties of a welder in the repair of equipment.
- One (1) to four (4) years of experience in specified skill (depending on mechanic level).
- Post-offer drug/alcohol screen and physical evaluation.
- New Hire Orientation Quiz
- Applicant/employee must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of such individual or others in the workplace.
- Job site safety requirements as required by the client (clean shaven, long sleeves, steel toe boots, etc.).
- Safety equipment as required by the client (hard hat, safety glasses, gloves, respirator, hearing protection, safety harness with lanyard, etc.).
- Must comply with company’s drug and alcohol abuse policy.
- Must be able to pass physical examination, pre-employment if necessary, and as required by the company.
- Able to climb and maintain balance on ladders, scaffolding, stairways, etc.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, or work at elevated heights as well as in confined spaces (towers, vessels, excavations, etc.).
- Able to carry 50 lbs. of tool and/or materials. It is recommended to get assistance to lift items over 50 lbs. Check with your project supervisor or project safety director.
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work extended hours on your feet on uneven surfaces (dirt, concrete, asphalt, mud, gravel, etc.)
- Must be clean shaven and able to work while wearing a respirator and other personal protective equipment, when required.
- Location: industrial construction sites and/or fabrication shop
- Mobility Barriers to Access Job Site:
- Uneven ground level
- Obstructed pathways
- Work performed at low and/or high elevations
- Work performed in confined areas
- Climatic/Environmental Conditions at Job Site:
- Predominately outdoor climate
- May be exposed to extreme hot or cold weather
- Excessive humidity, rain, etc.
- Various noise levels caused by tools, machinery, equipment, etc.
- Potential exposure to chemical substances
Primoris was formed in 2004 as the parent company and is traded on the NYSE under the symbol PRIM. We provide a wide range of construction, maintenance, and engineering services for power generation, oil and gas, chemical, pipeline, utilities and distribution, and civil infrastructure clients. Primoris is ranked in the top 1% of the prestigious Top 600 Specialty Contractors List by Engineering News-Record (ENR), having built projects throughout the U.S. and Canada. For additional information, please visit www.prim.com.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA/HSA, Short Term/Long Term Disability, 401K with matching contribution
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Third-Party Agency Notice
Primoris will not accept any unsolicited resumes from any third-party recruiting agencies either domestic or international. Primoris nor its subsidiaries will be responsible for any fees from the use of any unsolicited resumes either through our ATS or via electronic mail systems from any agency representative or agency consultant unless your firm is an approved vendor partner with a current executed agreement.