The Service Technician is responsible for creating and maintaining healthy relationships with customers, meeting quality standards and delivery schedules, performing all levels of repair and preventive maintenance on vehicles and equipment including removal and installation of, fulfilling the guidelines set forth in the Technician Resource Advancement Certification (TRAC) program and other general service department duties as directed by the Branch Service Manager.
- Maintain department communication in order to complete work and grow service labor sales.
- Utilize various computer programs and John Deere communication tools as resources. Record service hours and mileage.
- Maintain accurate time card entries.
- Participate in all job-related training and development.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Follow all safety procedures and guidelines set forth by Murphy Tractor & Equipment Co., Inc.
- Maintain personal tool inventory.
- Perform diagnostics and determine what repairs are needed and advise the Service Manager of replacement parts as necessary.
- Repair and replace damaged or worn parts.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance.
- Prepare all reports and forms required in conjunction with work orders, taking note of the cause of failure/problems.
- Complete warranty information.
- Service and maintain company vehicle and shop.
- Maintain current knowledge of Company and competitor products.
- Maintain condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Read and understand operating manuals, electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Deliver parts, run errands, etc. as needed.
- Assist with other duties assigned and directed by corporate management within the frame work of Murphy Tractor and Equipment Company, Inc.’s objectives.
- Strong knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair of heavy construction equipment.
- Ability to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Good skills in operating vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
- Strong focus on customer service.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Basic knowledge of office machines, including copier, fax and printer.
- Able to communicate effectively as appropriate for the needs of customers or coworkers.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to process work with accuracy.
- Meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to complete required documentation and reports in a timely manner.
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Able to work a flexible schedule as needed.
- Able to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Demonstrates openness to new procedures, technology and structure.
Physical Requirements and Work Schedule
Able to do occasional lifting of up to 75 lbs. Employee must be able to stand for an extensive amount of time. Able to move or hold arms and hands in small areas, utilizing tools, for an extensive amount of time. Able to use tools that vibrate for an extensive amount of time. Able to work flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
High school diploma or GED required. One year certificate from a college or technical school or at least three years experience and/or training in related field.
Murphy Tractor & Equipment Company, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.