Norfolk Iron and Metal Co. is one of the largest family-owned steel service centers in the Midwest and we are seeking to fill the administrative position of Service Clerk on 3rd shift.
Come join a family owned company that has been in business for over a century!
- 3rd Shift, 10 PM - 6 AM, Monday – Friday
- Competitive Wages with Quarterly Bonus
- Paid Time Off (Vacation) offered right away!
- Comprehensive Benefits Package: Includes Health Insurance with Company Paid Employee Premium
Includes printing bill of ladings, confirming packing list is accurate and complete, ensuring correct and timely billing to customers, entering credit/debit memos, following up with discrepancies in billing and assisting with receiving in the office. As well as other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and skills:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous office/clerical experience a plus
- Work independently
- Attention to detail
- Confident with a strong work ethic
- Computer literacy
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people
Job duties and expectations:
- Ensure packing list is accurate and complete by verifying heat numbers, tag numbers and piece counts.
- Generates a bill of lading for drivers and verifies information against driver packing list.
- Notifies drivers of load status.
- Invoice customers.
- Weigh in commercial carriers and prints receiving report for warehouse personnel.
- Match up receiving paperwork between drivers/rail car and office for accuracy.
- Ensure the accuracy of all paperwork including packing lists, receiving reports, stock transfer forms, etc. and report any discrepancies to warehouse supervisor.
- Communicate returns to warehouse personnel in timely and efficient manner.
- Other duties as directed by management.
Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Norfolk Iron and Metal Co. is an equal opportunity employer.