DTN is a global leader providing insights and analytics to our customers to feed, fuel, and protect the world. We help people make critical business decisions that impact the agriculture, oil and gas, trading, and weather industries.
It’s a difference you’ve likely felt without even knowing it. From the food on your plate to the gas in your car to the last flight you took, chances are a DTN customer made it possible. And that’s just for starters. That’s why we say, “When our customers prosper, we all win.”
*We have a preference for this individual to sit in one of our main U.S. locations (Omaha, NE; Burnsville, MN; Norman, OK), however we will consider remote candidates*
We seek a passionate and versatile developer interested in building innovative and evolving products with one of DTN’s product teams. We’re growing and looking for strong individuals interested in working on multi-disciplined teams in a collaborative and open environment. You’ll have opportunities to play key roles in product planning, design, prototyping and execution.
- Work with our Product Management team to ensure both requested features and proposed solution align and meet architectural standards
- Analyze functional and technical requirements, raising any potential issues as well as opportunities for cost reduction and/or performance improvement
- Design, Develop and Test web, mobile, and API solutions across the full web stack
- Integration of custom and 3rd party package or code application with a strict focus on maintainability and efficiency
- Function in a SCRUM based Agile environment requiring the frequent release of functional code
- Perform test planning and execution as required
- Establish and maintain technology standards, and evaluate new tools and techniques
Required Technical Skills
- Well versed in standards compliant, accessible, and SEO friendly HTML
- Broad knowledge of CSS including selectors, specificity, and the cascade
- Familiarity with layout techniques such as flexbox, grid and floats
- Extensive experience with React and the React ecosystem
- Experience in developing an API using RESTful services built in Node.js
- Experience consuming both REST and GraphQL APIs
- Solid understanding of source control and versioning using Git
Desired Technical Skills
- Experience or familiarity with next.js
- Experience with user interface design
- Technical understanding of relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with continuous integration concepts and tools such as Bitbucket Pipelines or Bamboo
- Experience composing OCI-compliant containers using Docker
- Solid understanding of deploying web solutions to AWS
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field
- An appropriate combination of education and experience will be considered
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Team-oriented and assertive
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, iterative programming environment
OUR VISION: To be the independent, trusted source of insights to our customers who feed, protect, and fuel the world.
OUR MISSION: Empower our customers with intelligent and actionable insights that exceed their expectations and enable their success on a daily basis.
OUR VALUES: Customer Delight, Education, Teamwork, Colleague Focus, Innovation, Integrity
We have great benefits at DTN – apply today to find out more!
At DTN, we are an equal opportunity employer. Come join us as we help feed, fuel, and protect the world!