Senior Process, Manufacturing Engineer
Quality · Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Minimum Experience Experienced Senior Process/Manufacturing Engineer
META is seeking two (2) highly motivated Senior Process/Manufacturing Engineers for our facility in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia . These roles will pay a key role in accelerating our next-generation film automated and semi-automated manufacturing programs.
This position would be ideal for someone who is energized and searching for work in a fast paced, incredibly exciting, and dynamic environment. This opportunity allows for the ability to make meaningful contributions to the rapid growth of our organization all while working with a highly motivated and capable team to turn unbelievable things into reality.
About U s:
META® (Meta Materials Inc.) is a smart materials and photonics company that is changing the way we use, interact, and benefit from light. At META we design and manufacture functional materials that are more sustainable, higher performing and cost less than the competition. With sustainability as our focus, META was recently honoured to be named by the Cleantech Group in the 2019 Global Cleantech 100 – featuring companies that are best positioned to solve tomorrow’s clean technology challenges.
What You’ll Do :
This role will be involved in the development, commissioning and ramping of high-throughput R2R equipment, while working with cross functional teams to test, validate and roll-out process and product design changes.
This individual will support and mentor a team of entry level professionals to support META’s manufacturing capabilities .
- Commission and ramp up of complex roll to roll (R2R) manufacturing equipment;
- Work collaboratively, as the equipment expert, to ensure production lines run in a safe and efficient manner, producing high-quality parts;
- Become owner/subject-matter expert to drive equipment-related process improvement, including detailed troubleshooting and root-cause analysis;
- Troubleshoot and recover processes by PLC, control panel, or tool management software, and implement changes/improvements;
- Debug and optimize automated processes to maximize cycle time and uptime;
- Create, document, develop, and implement procedures required for automated and semi-automated manufacturing processes;
- Review of daily scrap, creating plans to reduce downtime and scrap;
- Develop, evaluate, improve, and document new manufacturing processes;
- Build training material, maintenance routines, and related documentation for equipment lifecycle management;
- Develop, coordinate, and implement technical training for manufacturing employees;
- Lead safety and ergonomic improvements to production equipment that meets or exceeds regulations and/or best practices;
- Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancement of quality, cost reduction, and throughput;
- Identify equipment-critical spare parts and ensure sufficient coverage to prevent related extended downtime situations;
- Develop and improve manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero-defect level and low product cost;
- Participate in supplier/internal equipment buyoffs;
- Develop and manage FMEA risk assessments to prioritize equipment improvement projects and ensure sufficient repair strategies;
- Provide hands-on support to production team to troubleshoot and resolve extended downtime situations.
Must Haves :
- Associate Engineering/Engineering Technologist diploma with minimum 10 years of high volume manufacturing experience required; Engineering degree preferred
- Demonstrated experience ramping equipment into manufacturing – automation equipment, web handling, programming of electrical mechanical systems, PLCs, motion controls, and data capture.
- Structured thinking and problem-solving abilities, proven through several root cause analyses, following a data driven approach and using statistical software.
- Creative, analytical and interpersonal skills required to effectively convey ideas, plans and results to team members
- Strong English language communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Visio, Excel, SharePoint, and PowerPoint
- Creation and management of Gantt charts
- Ability to work on project milestones and deadlines
- Ability to work as a team player, with a positive attitude, regularly communicating progress and challenges to management and outside stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience preparing technical reports and other documents
- Canadian work authorization
- Ability to be Controlled Goods qualified and have a clean criminal record
Nice to Haves
- 2D & 3D CAD experience in creating/validating layouts, tooling drawings FMEA and MES experience.
- Experience working with an ERP in an engineering and manufacturing environment
- Experience in high volume manufacturing, chemical and optical processes, and vacuum systems
- Active membership in, or eligible to join an Engineering society and/or Quality society
- Previous supervisory experience is an asset
- Project Management certificate
META is a fast-growing company with a positive and committed work culture and a phenomenally talented workforce. Our employees are driven to do exceptional, innovative work and are proud to contribute to the success of the company.
META values the diversity of the team, and welcomes applications from racially visible persons, /indigenous peoples, women in non-traditional positions, persons with disabilities and persons of the LGBTQ+ community.
- Company provided Group Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision), with an annual wellness amount
- Competitive paid time off policy; vacation, paid sick leave; personal days; time off over Christmas.
- Casual dress
Location Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Minimum Experience Experienced