The Senior Orchard Worker is responsible for operation of tractors with various interchangeable attachments to perform required work such as spraying, disking, mowing, digging, applying fertilizers, or moving materials. They may also operate a motor vehicle as transportation to perform required work including operation, inspection and maintenance of drip irrigation systems, hand weeding noxious weeds and delivering pesticides, PPE and water to mixing sites. They may also provide direction to Orchard Workers.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Directs and monitors work performance of assigned workers. Has complete knowledge of the orchard workers duties and may do any or all of their tasks. Provides training to inexperienced workers in the proper applications of pesticides, irrigation applications and other orchard maintenance operations.
- Handles pesticides. Receives, stores, transports, mixes, transfers, and delivers pesticides.
- Operates tractor with interchangeable attachments to perform required work such as pesticide spraying, mowing, disking, pruning, digging or spreading materials. Controls attachments to achieve the desired results and makes necessary adjustments as needed. Connects and disconnects attachments as required.
- Utilizes personal protective equipment when handling, mixing or applying pesticides that requires their use.
- Makes out daily reports as required by the supervisor such as using field maps marking areas worked, recording gallons of spray materials used, and hours worked. Recording tensiometer readings, flow meter readings, reservoir levels and weather data.
- Operates motor vehicle equipped with two-way radio to perform work assignments.
- Operates and assists in the maintenance of pumps, filters, gasoline engines and related irrigation equipment.
- Inspects and operates assigned fields and does repairs when malfunctioning pipes, fittings, low pressure, plugged tubing, or other problems prevents proper irrigation applications. Maintains irrigation riser pressures at correct settings to insure efficient irrigation and fertilizer application.
- Maintains and operates chemical treating equipment used in treating irrigation water to minimize drip tube plugging.
- Cuts down and removes noxious weeds in the orchard. Uses a knapsack to spot spray weeds.
- Obeys standard safety regulations and Federal Worker Protection Standards (WPS).
- Must possess appropriate certifications and licenses.
- Does other related work as required or directed by supervisor.
*Kauai Coffee is an Equal Opportunity employer.