12 Hour Days OR 12 Hour Nights – we ask for you to be open to working nights as we cannot guarantee a day shift position.
Purpose of Role:
To operate and monitor all equipment as needed, meeting corporate quality and safety standards in order to maximize the quality, quantity and cost effective manufacture of petfood.
To maintain safety standards by using LOTO and confined space entry procedures when working in all areas of the factory. To operate all equipment as needed for the effective production of product. Communicate to different areas to prevent down time and quality issues Make product changeovers on various pieces of equipment Be able to assist in troubleshooting equipment to assure proper operation This position and all site associates are responsible for quality and food safety. This position monitors quality and food safety controls points and makes corrective actions to the process if needed. Comply with Mars Petcare Quality and Food Safety Practices, GMPs and other Food Safety and Regulatory Standards to ensure we manufacture a quality product. Know and understand the site’s CCP’s and report any findings of deficiencies to site’s quality manager or designee.
Mission Critical Competencies
Must be able to learn how to operate the various pieces of equipment Must be able to perform all of the necessary quality checks on any given piece of equipment Must know the product “Hold” criteria of all applicable areas Must understand the mechanics of how all of the equipment operates in the area in order to troubleshoot various pieces of equipment Must be able to identify measures and indicators of equipment performance and actions needed to improve or correct performance relative to production goals. Must have excellent communication skills.
Key Functional Skills/Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of how each piece of equipment in the area operates
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes and quality control
- An excellent understanding of how each piece of equipment effects the equipment located before and after the production process
- The ability to quickly change role functions as they move from one piece of equipment to another during the work day/week
- The ability to operate, troubleshoot various pieces of equipment
- The ability to evaluate and complete quality checks and document results using data base collection system
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control
- Food Manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices
- Food manufacturing experience and knowledge of food safety.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Statistical Process Control
- Forklift certified.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to quickly respond.
- High speed or robotic packaging experience
- Mechanical troubleshooting ability
- Career Readiness Certificate (CRC)
- Computer literate with an ability to enter, record, maintain and retrieve data
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.