Senior Medical Science Liaison I, Urology/NGS
Summary of Major Responsibilities
The Senior Medical Science Liaison I will act as a medical/clinical educational liaison to key departments within Exact Sciences and will be a member of the medical science liaison (MSL) group within the Precision Oncology business unit. This role will engage with customers and colleagues in our medical affairs and commercial groups to provide medical and scientific support for our on-market prostate cancer and NGS diagnostic products, as well as help launch newer products acquired or developed by Exact Sciences.
This position is field based to be located in the Midwestern U.S., including MN, WI, IL, IN, OH, MI, MO, KS, NE.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide clinical support to guide appropriate test orders and interpretation of test results on specific patient cases in response to inquiries from providers.
- Facilitate education of broad healthcare provider community, such as key opinion leaders (KOL’s), community physicians, other health care providers (HCP’s) regarding Exact Sciences Precision Oncology products via in-person or virtual presentations.
- Participate in the development and execution of a KOL outreach plan for physicians that manage early-stage and metastatic cancers.
- Support medical-marketing initiatives, such as conference planning and support, medical education content development, faculty speaker training, sales training, reimbursement initiatives, and review of promotional and educational materials.
- Work with medical directors to take complex medical messages and position them to enable clear and concise understanding by both external audiences and partners within Exact Sciences.
- Assist with development of content and execution of clinically oriented education and training, such as sales training programs, journal clubs, ad hoc literature reviews, and other training venues for new sales hires and others, as needed.
- Stay abreast of new clinical developments, publications, and market trends to be a conduit for the greater medical team and other internal teams for review of these developments.
- Assist with set up and delivery of advisory boards, speaker trainings, and external payor reviews, as needed.
- Support preparation and presentation of medical review slides and materials at national sales meetings, pre-conference meetings, and field sales conference calls.
- Attend, develop summaries of, and present key medical findings from scientific congresses and cooperative group meetings.
- Gather and interpret new clinical data from conferences and literature, as well as competitive intelligence, and report back on findings to medical affairs and marketing stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate complex messages clearly and openly to all levels of the organization such as internal employees, managers, and customers.
- Strong analytical skills and familiarity with medical messaging.
- Apply teamwork and leadership skills.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
- Ability to travel 60% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in field as outlined in the essential duties.
- 2+ years of experience working in oncology, urology, or genomics.
- 2+ years of experience in a field-based role within the healthcare industry.
- Possession of a valid driver's license, no more than two moving violations in the past 36 months, and no unresolved license revocation or suspension issues.
- Maintenance of automobile insurance to satisfy any applicable state or local requirements with liability limits of at least $250,000 per person, $500,000 per accident, and $100,000 in property damage per accident (250/500/100).
- Current employees hired before 11/04/2019 and on the FAVR - auto allowance program - are required to maintain insurance coverage limits, as outlined in this bullet, until they transition to a company vehicle. All new hires after that date will be assigned to a fleet program vehicle and will be covered by the company’s plans/policies.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience working in an MSL or clinical educator role.
- Advanced Degree in field as outlined in the essential duties.
- Experience in prostate cancer and/or NGS testing.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.