Senior Manager, Quality and Mission Assurance
Aerojet Rocketdyne is an innovative company delivering solutions that create value for its customers in the aerospace and defense markets. The company is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader that provides propulsion and energetics to the space, missile defense and strategic systems, tactical systems and armaments areas, in support of domestic and international markets. Additional information about Aerojet Rocketdyne can be obtained by visiting our website at www.Rocket.com.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Quality and Mission Assurance to join our team in Camden, Arkansas.
Quality & Mission Assurance (Q&MA) is a vital function contributing to the overall Product Value Proposition for the Aerojet Rocketdyne Enterprise. This function provides both production and development oversight for the QA organization in support of the Defense Business Unit (DBU). The position works seamlessly with all organizational elements to achieve the delivery of quality products on time and at cost. The Senior Manager of Quality Systems & Document Control will be a senior leader within the Quality & Mission Assurance organization responsible for Quality Systems across the Camden site including QMS, Audit, Document Control and Receiving Inspection. This position is responsible for developing, administering and maintaining effective quality systems that ensure daily execution of quality processes, managing daily issues and various assigned projects.
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
50% - Provide leadership with a focus on execution of the quality management system, and supporting QA systems & processes, infrastructure and workforce that enable production of products that meet requirements on-time.
25% - Define resource requirements and manage departmental operating budget to support program and process needs. Provide direct management coverage for QA owned process elements; Quality Process Support, Receiving Inspection and Calibration, and As-Built Document management.
25% - Implement improvement projects through innovative practices and leadership. Improve organizational culture regarding attention to detail, personal warranty and accountability. Develop, coordinate and implement a set of Quality Metrics to enable early detection of adverse trends and expeditious resolution of issues at the earliest possible point in the product life cycle. Champion root cause and corrective action by setting high expectations and driving improvement results. Work with the Site QA Director and the QA COE to implement proven quality engineering tools (such as Six Sigma, Statistical Process Control, Lean Manufacturing techniques, etc.) to reduce cycle time, improve yield, and reduce QA associated costs.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline and fourteen (14) years of direct experience in a manufacturing or production support environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A minimum of 10 years’ experience as a top Quality leader for a Fortune 500 Aerospace & Defense Company.
- Previous experience at the executive level.
- Proven leadership in successful organizational certifications to ISO 9001 and AS 9100 Quality Standards.
- Experience in building effective relations from the assembly operators/inspectors to CEO/Senior VP.
- Experience in a managing large (150+) and diverse functional organization.
- Experience in implementation of a multi-layered and highly effective Corrective Action Board process.
- Experience in developing mature customer relationships and enhancing customer satisfaction with Missile Defense Agency (MDA), DCMA and other Prime Customers (Raytheon Missile Systems, Lockheed Martin).
- Solid rocket motor manufacturing experience is a plus.
- Proven experience increasing company efficiencies and profitability.
- Strategic, financial and business result experiences.
- Change management skill set.
- Customer savvy and ability to address and drive proactive action when required.
- Proven success in establishing improved Quality and Environmental Management Systems, Design & Process FMEAs, Process Improvement Plans and operating cultural dynamics for many organizations.
- Experience in establishing annual best-in-class quality goals, implementing deterministic plans to achieve those goals, and publishing quality trend metrics for stake holders update.
- Experience in implementing processes that improve inspection competency, effectiveness, efficiency, and overall organizational value
- Experience in executing recurring Quality Improvement Plan (QIP) meetings to communicate product/process initiatives and improvements to executive stakeholders and customer base.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Aerojet Rocketdyne. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Aerojet Rocketdyne will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees in these positions must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer; stamina to sit and to maintain attention to detail despite interruptions; may occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 15 pounds; may require minimal walking, climbing, stooping, crouching, and/or bending; and vision to read printed materials and a computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone. This position may require the ability to travel by air or auto. The position also requires the use of personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety shoes, and shop coat. These positions may be expected to work varying shifts and hours to ensure successful operation of activities in the organization.