Senior Manager, Manufacturing and Production Planning
Aerojet Rocketdyne is a world-recognized aerospace and defense leader providing propulsion and energetics to its space, missile defense, strategic, tactical missile and armaments customers throughout the world. We offer a complete line of propulsion products for launch vehicles, missile defense, and advanced hypersonic propulsion.
We are seeking a Senior Manufacturing & Production Planning Manager to join our our growing site located near Camden, Arkansas, an easy drive from anywhere in Southern Arkansas' Golden Triangle (El Dorado, Magnolia and Camden). This role will work with Camden Site Leadership and Program customers. The base shift time is 6:30am – 5:00pm (Monday through Thursday).
Essential Job Functions (Including % of Time for Each)
- 40% - Manages processes for high quality, cost effective, timely, production output for assigned areas. Ensures accurate forecasting of manpower, facilities, equipment, and tooling. Manages inventory level, production time and performance standards in keeping the organization’s goals. Ensures compliance to safety directives.
- 20% - Provides direct leadership and management of operations and supervisors, monitoring and managing performance to ensure successful achievement of near and long term goals.
- 20% - Interfaces with supporting COEs (Centers of Excellence) to ensure resources are aligned to meet the requirements and objectives of assigned programs.
- 20% - Develops and utilizes processes that promote continuous improvement using lean manufacturing and other Operational Excellence tools.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline plus at least fourteen (14) years of related progressive experience or an equivalent combination of education and related experience.
Strongly desired background:
- Experience implementing manufacturing process improvements.
- Demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing, aerospace industry processes, supply chain, SPC, lean processes, Lean Manufacturing (TPS) ISO, AS 9100 process implementation, safety and regulatory environment required.
- Effective organization, team orientation and leadership skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to develop consensus and drive all organizations to achieve quality goals are required.
Being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a condition of employment at Aerojet Rocketdyne. Proof of vaccination or an accommodation request approved by Aerojet Rocketdyne will be required prior to starting employment with the Company.
May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S. Security Clearance at the appropriate level. Requires U.S. Citizenship, U.S. Permanent Residency or other status as a U.S. Person. Must be able to satisfy federal government requirements for access to government information, and having dual citizenship may preclude you from being able to meet this requirement.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
Employees must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use office equipment, including a computer, stamina to sit or stand and maintain attention to details despite interruptions. May occasionally lift/carry/push/pull up to 20 pounds; Travel may be required 10%. May require PPE equipment.