Senior Industrial Engineer
Job Type Full-time Description
Position Objective: Develop manufacturing capabilities to produce products that meet customer expectations, quality standards, and on time delivery requirements.
Essential Functions of the Job (listed in order of importance):
· Develop and improve manufacturing processes for production capabilities including process, tooling, fixtures, and materials.
· Manage capital investment and quality improvement production processes related to paint and assembly.
· Determine paint and assembly feasibility/manufacturability for new product/orders.
· Work cross-functionally to review, assess, and provide input to drawings for machine capabilities.
· Reduce customer complaints.
· Drive production floor improvements, problem resolution, and capability training (this is a hands-on job).
Marginal Job Functions
· Assist in the evaluation of customer complaints to determine and resolve root cause issues
· Maintain ISO 90001 documentation
· Use ERP/MRP system to review information
Skills Required to Perform the Duties of the Job:
· Knowledge of manufacturing processes and ability to apply in a low volume/high variability environment
· Knowledge of material science and ability to apply
· Knowledge of standardized processes and ability to apply
· Knowledge of lean concepts and ability to apply
· Knowledge of GD&T concepts and ability to apply
· Ability to interpret, create, and/or modify PFMEAs and control plans
· Ability to train others ensuring comprehension of the other party
· Ability to interpret blueprints and drawings
· Ability to analyze single and multi-variable problems/data, determine a solution and implement
· Ability to interpret verbal and non-verbal communication to determine root cause of issues/problems, determine a solution and apply the solution
· Ability to interact with others at all levels of the organization
· Ability to work closely with production operators on the production floor
Educational Requirements Needed to Perform the Duties of the Job:
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university
· Five to eight years’ experience in a machining manufacturing environment
· Equivalent combination of education and experience would be considered
Weightlifting (or other physical) Requirements to Perform the Duties of the job:
· Regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and talk or hear
· Regularly and routinely required to use manual dexterity of hands and fingers in repetitive motions
· Frequently required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel or crouch
· Occasionally required to climb or balance
· Regularly required to use close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
· Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
· Regularly and consistently required to use hand or power tools
· Regularly and consistently required to use PPE which may include safety glasses, safety shoes, hearing protection, full face shield, lab coat, dust mask, respirator, or other protection deemed necessary for assigned tasks
· Regularly and consistently required to use or be exposed to adhesives, lubricants, solvents, cleansers, etc.
· Regularly and consistently exposed to sharps hazards, chemicals, dust, debris (aluminum, plastic, polyester)
Licensing or other Certifications Required