At Broadridge, we've built a culture where the highest goal is to empower others to accomplish more. If you’re passionate about developing your career, while helping others along the way, come join the Broadridge team.
- Support regularly scheduled meetings. Responsibilities include publishing an agenda and meeting minutes with responsible parties and deadlines for the overall Tax Season project plan.
- Understanding client business model and operational requirements for most efficient and effective utilization of Broadridge's products and services.
- Project Manage client regulatory deadlines and requirements via a tax service roadmap/playbook and manage priorities through daily calls. Summarize weekly client statuses and prepare Executive dashboard.
- Advocate for client needs through researching, prioritizing, and responding to client service delivery open items and development needs and interests across the broader business.
- Work with client directly on tax season project plans in preparation for Trial runs. Document issues for go-forward Quality Assurance review. Monitor client data for health and readiness of upcoming tax reporting season and publish Client Readiness report.
- Responsibility to familiarize yourself through internal communications with changes and updates to IRS regulatory conditions and environments and the impacts to our clients and products.
- Monitor internal reporting to ensure progress of all required projects and coordinate Root Cause Analysis for breakdowns in procedures.
- Coordinate onsite Quarterly Business Reviews and post-season documentation of agendas and key take-aways.
- Lead system training and education of Product releases to clients.
- Maintain client elections of statement reporting requirements.
- Adhere to change control process ensuring scope, deliverables, timelines, and resources are formally defined, documented, and approved.
- Plan, identify, evaluate, and communicate project risks using risk management techniques, create contingency plans to mitigate risks.