Scissor Lift Truck Driver and Operator (Class B CDL)
Morton Buildings is looking to expand our employee owners!
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame construction. We have been in business for more than 110 years and have six manufacturing plants servicing 106 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America, more than 3,500 new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
Our Scissor Operator will support the crews by utilizing the MBI scissor lift to assist in establishing safe work environments while constructing quality buildings as well as helping with roofing and other construction needs. The operator will follow and enforce all safety policies and procedures and ensure the Construction Procedure Manual, Best Building Practices, and the Building Construction Plans are the quality standards for construction.
- Based on crew needs, schedule truck for designated projects, primarily roofs and ceilings.
- Work with other crew personnel in a safe, organized, productive and enjoyable work environment treating everyone with dignity and respect
- Schedule truck for designated projects, some travel required.
- Potential for additional training and certifications on additional equipment
- Maintain appropriate maintenance schedule on vehicle at all times per GE guidelines.
- Support and follow all Morton Buildings’ procedures and processes.
- Vehicle reports turned in monthly, with all receipts.
- Adhere to all safety procedures
- Overhead power line restrictions
- Fall protection procedures
- Maintain an active Class B CDL license with airbrake endorsements and appropriate licensing to operate standard/manual transmissions
- Individual must be able to pass D.O.T. Physical and Drug Screening
- Must be able to comply with our safety equipment’s 275 lb. weight limit
- Standard weight lifting requirements - 50 pounds, with occasional lifting up to 100 pounds
- Capable of working in a physically demanding environment and at various heights (up to 40 feet)
- Carpentry and/or roofing experience or desire to learn
- Knowledge and skills needed to operate heavy equipment
- Ability to work well independently
- This position requires 50-75% travel, which includes overnight travel possibly up to two weeks at a time.
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bad weather pay
- 401k Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program in which you become an owner of the company
This position pays between $25.00 to $26.50 per hour depending on experience.
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace. All candidates offered employment will be subject to a pre-placement test which does include a drug screen.