SHIFT: 2nd Shift/Evening
SUMMARY: Placing wood in rails which goes through sander while ensuring that fed boards do not get overlapped, feeding without leaving gaps between boards, feeding no backward boards into sander.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Responsible for following Job Safety Analysis guidelines to ensure safe operations
- Grab boards from above conveyor belt
- Inspect boards for obvious defects or crook
- Pull out boards with obvious defects or crook and place in rework jig
- Place good boards in assigned lanes according to sander feeder guidelines
- Monitor and feed assigned lanes rapidly in order to maintain production requirements
- Keep area clean during and at the end of each shift
- Perform other assigned tasks as needed
- Must be able to successfully complete and pass a background check, employment verification and drug screening.
- Must have positive and verifiable work history (minimum 1 year with same employer preferred).
- Must be able to work with a sense of urgency at all times in a labor intense non-temperature controlled environment, on feet, using repetitive hand movements.
- Requires excellent hand and eye coordination.
- Must be willing and able to work overtime.
- Recent manufacturing experience in the wood industry preferred.
- Recent manufacturing experience in an industrial work environment required.