The Sales Associate I is responsible for delivering the highest standard of customer service to the Kauai Coffee Visitor Center patrons. This position may perform a variety of tasks including assisting customers with purchases, cashiering, making coffee drinks at the coffee bar, receiving and stocking merchandise, and providing general information and education on processing and roasting coffee, coffee varietals, and the history and other information about the Kauai Coffee Estate.
- Provides excellent customer service to all Visitor Center customers.
- Assists customers with purchases and sales at POS registers, and answers all incoming calls and messages as needed.
- Assists Senior Sales Associate in maintaining a clean, organized, and well-stocked retail shop/museum.
- Prepares walk-in orders for shipping. Provides accurate phone-in mail order information to e-Commerce Department.
- Provide visitors with education on processing and roasting coffee, the history of coffee and information about Kauai Coffee Co.
- Brews coffee for sampling in museum and maintains adequate amount on floor.
- Provides sales and service in coffee bar as needed.
- Maintains storage areas in a clean and organized manner.
- Attends all staff meetings and training.
- Assists Retail Operations Manager and Senior Sales Associates in receiving merchandise.
- Knows job and is able to work independently.
- Knows benefits of Coffee Club and is able to sell new memberships.
- Assists in building healthy, team oriented work environment to insure continued success of Kauai Coffee Co. and Visitor Center.
- Some previous retail experience is helpful, but not required
*Kauai Coffee is an Equal Opportunity employer that is committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy or any other protected status as outlined by federal, state and local laws.