Roll End Operator
/ / Roll End Operator Roll End Operator Summary
Watch tubing as it comes off the mill and check welding seam. Check for straightness or tubing. Notify tube mill operator of welding or straightness problems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Check tubing for straightness. Inform tube mill operator if adjustment is needed
- Check the welded seam. Inform tube mill operator if adjustment is needed
- Check tubing for grooves or other problems. Inform tube mill operator if adjustment is needed
- Empty scrap buckets
- Fill lubrication tank
- Responsible for keeping work area clean
- Assist tube mill operator in measuring and recording scrap and miscellaneous tubing
- Assist tube mill operator with coil changes
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification.
- Written Communication - Able to read and interpret written information.
- Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add and subtract two-digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of length, weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Other Qualifications: Must be able to complete production paperwork. Must be able to earn forklift operator certification if required. Must be able to use required hand tools.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
If you are human, leave this field blank.