This position supports the ISS2 contract on Wake Island. Transportation from Honolulu, Hawaii to Wake Island will be furnished by government-contracted aircraft. Meals and housing will be provided by the program while working on the island.
This position is intended to work on Wake Island a nominal 6-months per year, in order to backfill the Airfield Manager when they are off-island. The Relief Airfield Manager’s schedule will be guided by and dependent on the Airfield Manager’s scheduled time off-island. The Relief Airfield Manager may be called to travel to Wake Island with little to no notice if the Airfield Manager must leave the island unexpectedly.
- Position reports to Site Manager or Airfield Manager on or Wake Island
- Perform Daily runway inspections
- Confirm Civil Landing Permit requirements.
- Observe Anti-hijacking/antiterrorism procedures.
- Ensure Safe arrival, taxing and departure of aircraft in support of the air operations mission
- Ensure refueling operations are conducted in a safe manner IAW TO 00-25-172, NFPA 407 and Mil Std 3004A
- Provide support and submission of Instrument Flight Rules (IFR) and Visual Flight Rules (VFR) flight plans
- Provide timely access to weather planning information sufficient to support effective mission execution.
- Follow Runway Surface Condition (RSC) procedures.
- Manage Bird Aircraft Strike Hazard (BASH) program
- Monitor and review the Flight Information Publication (FLIP) edition for the site to ensure accuracy and report any recommended changes to management and USAF Airfield Management personnel.
- Manage aircraft ground support equipment and personnel
- Ensure the FOD prevention program and FOD walks are accomplished
- Oversee Aircraft marshalling, towing and wing walkers
- Supervise Passenger terminal operations and cargo handling
- Must be flexible with work hours
- Observe Notice to Airmen (NOTAM) requirements and monitoring
- Other duties as assigned by management