It's exciting to work for a company that makes the world measurably better.
We're committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.
Job TitleRegional Process Engineer PrinicipalThe Regional Process Engineer Principal position is responsible for collaborating with engineering, manufacturing and other staff to understand and increase manufacturing capabilities, increase yields, improve process flow, increase productivity and maximize work force utilization. This position is essential to strengthen our cost position by managing all aspects of strategically significant and technically complex improvement projects within existing manufacturing processes.
- Identify key yield improvement projects, leads cross functional teams to execute complex projects that have a substantial impact on business operations, utilizing structured problem-solving methodologies.
- Track project status and results, providing reports to stakeholders.
- Work with the corporate portfolio manager to align work to the Balanced Scorecard, corporate objectives.
- Remove and elevate project barriers, as well as develops and implements recovery plans for off schedule and unanticipated events.
- In conjunction with Corporate Engineering, identify process improvement opportunities, build business cases, and launch project teams using good project management to oversee team activities.
- Identify and propagate Best Practices for the business, through benchmarking and networking with Process Engineers at other organizations/companies and within the organization.
- Effectively communicate with all levels to maintain relationships and cooperation in pursuing the Business unit’s goals. Must be able to influence, negotiate, and resolve conflicts to reach consensus around common goals.
- Act as a technical resource for statistical analysis tools/methodology, project management, Lean Six Sigma, quality and basic financial principles and apply them to analyze the planned activities.
- Lead fundamental understanding projects with operations process owners, drives process control of the inputs as part of the Process Control System block for CoorsTek Operations Roadmap to Excellence.
- Present, message, and work directly with customers in problem solving and product introduction.
- Bachelor’s degree in an Engineering or related engineering discipline; Master’s degree a plus.
- A minimum of ten years of technical experience applying engineering skills/methodologies in a manufacturing environment.
- A minimum of five years of experience leading successful projects of significant impact and visibility.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proficiency with Lean manufacturing techniques, Theory of Constraints, and traditional manufacturing practices.
- Pro-active, analytical, process driven, with a strong focus on understanding and exceeding the expectations of the customer.
- Performs detail-oriented tasks utilizing very strong analytical skills.
- Team player with good leadership skills, possesses excellent communication to all levels within and external to the organization.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification a plus.
Target Hiring Range: $0.00 - $0.00
Actual compensation is commensurate with experience, skills and education. CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors. Do not provide any information on the application which will indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference in the world, you'll enjoy your career with us!