Regional Oncogenomic Liaison - Little Rock, AR
Summary of Major Responsibilities
Working on the Oncology Sales team, the Regional Oncogenomic Liaison (ROL) will develop and implement a plan to maximize the utilization of Exact Sciences’ products in targeted accounts, while staying within budget, and support the corporate objectives and highlight the delivery of key selling messages. The ROL should incorporate a high level of service toward being the best-in-class for an assay provider. The ROL’s plans are used to solve challenging problems in a dynamic environment. The plans should emphasize the need to build and maintain comprehensive relationships and develop key contact and account records in Exact Sciences’ customer relationship management (CRM) system to manage these relationships. To do this plan, the ROL must have, or be able to quickly develop, a clear understanding of key territory-related clinical/political issues. The ROL will devote whatever time is necessary to complete objectives outlined in the sales plan.
The ROL provides information critical to accomplishing the Exact Sciences’ mission to all parties involved in the sales of products. The ROL will provide direct feedback to individuals so they can make accurate decisions at all levels of the company, such as national, regional, and area teams. The ROL will work with managed care, reimbursement, patients, to include patient support groups, Exact Sciences advocacy group, and providers to ensure access to products.
This position is field based.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement territory management and planning.
- Sell company products or services, develop new accounts, and/or proactively expand existing accounts.
- Develop and implement a strategic and tactical plan to maximize the utilization of our products in the most productive accounts while staying within budget; support corporate objectives and highlight the delivery of key selling messages and provide a high-level of service toward being the best-in-class for an assay provider.
- Plan working documents used to solve challenging problems in a dynamic environment to emphasize the need to build and maintain comprehensive relationships and develop key contact and account records in Exact Sciences CRM system to manage relationships.
- Develop a clear understanding of key territory-related clinical/political issues while devoting whatever time is necessary to complete objectives outlined in the sales plan.
- Complete all training programs and deal proficiently with the concepts and complexities associated with genomic testing and Exact Sciences products.
- Invest the time necessary to maintain an in-depth understanding of all disease states associated with Exact Sciences’ products and the strengths and weaknesses of the competition; use technical fluency to move target physicians and influencers to actions that result in patient access and utilization of Exact Sciences’ products.
- Serve as a professional with a full understanding of an area of specialization; resolve a range of issues in creative ways.
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of company products and services to include a deep understanding of necessary disease state and product knowledge.
- Strive for excellence in all aspects of performance and is committed to continuous self-evaluation and development.
- Attend various sales meetings and professional conferences around the U.S. on an as needed basis.
- Lookout for talented people to recruit to Exact Sciences and may be asked to assist in the interview process and other support activities, such as public relations efforts.
- Develop relationships with a demonstrated ability to quickly develop one with national opinion leaders in oncology and pathology within their target territory.
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain open communication with internal employees, managers, and customers, as needed.
- Ability to integrate and apply feedback in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize and drive to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to quickly learn and understand clinical research in cancer.
- Apply strong interpersonal skills.
- Apply strong organizational skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work designated schedule.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day. Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds for approximately 15% of a typical working day.
- Ability to travel 50% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences or field as outlined in the essential duties.
- 4+ years of sales experience with a strong record of success selling/promoting complex products in medical oncology and/or diagnostics or similar experience in selling/promoting complex healthcare products.
- Demonstrated strong territory or account management skills.
- Demonstrated strong understanding of competitors and market trends that are impacting product utilization of customers.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license; no suspended, revoked, surrendered, invalid, etc. allowed.
- No more than two moving violations, events, or accidents within the last 36 months.
- No alcohol or drug event in which a vehicle was driven by the candidate or employee, including but not limited to Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) failure, refusal to submit to alcohol or drug test, alcohol related suspension, etc. in the last 36 months.
- No other results from the Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) check that exposes Exact Sciences to what Exact Sciences deems to be an unacceptable level of liability.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Clinical experience.
- Oncology sales experience; either selling chemo, immunotherapy, or diagnostics in oncology.
- Existing relationships with surgeons.
- Strong relationships within major oncology accounts within territory.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.