Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A. Inc. is a wholly owned subsidiary of Hino Motors, Ltd. (Japan) and a Toyota Group Company. For seven decades, Hino Motors, Ltd. has proudly manufactured the number one selling medium and heavy-duty truck in Japan. It also manufactures buses and diesel engines.
In the United States, Hino Motors Manufacturing U.S.A. currently has employees in 4 states including Michigan, Arkansas, West Virginia and California. The Corporate Office resides in Novi, Michigan. Hino assembles medium-duty trucks at its Mineral Wells, West Virginia plant. Its manufacturing facilities in Marion, Arkansas produces axles, knuckles and suspension components for Toyota’s Tacoma, Tundra and Sequoia. Hino’s Parts Distribution Center in Mira Loma, California supplies Latin American and Caribbean distributors with genuine Hino service parts.
We are currently seeking an EHS Manager located in Marion, AR reporting directly to the EVP, Operations. This individual will be responsible for providing strategic direction to the site and company leadership on Environmental Safety and Health issues and driving the safety culture of the location. The EHS Manager will provide technical and regulatory expertise to ensure environmental compliance, safe work practices and continuous improvement of EHS programs.
This position is responsible for investigating field quality issues and reporting findings & support the development of countermeasures to the PD & QC departments that will drive continuous improvement activities. Work is performed under little or no supervision. Performs other duties in support of Quality Department goals and objectives. May supervise and/or provide work direction to other staff.
- Responsible for investigating & reporting of return part failures
- Must understand current processes and controls & failure modes within processes
- Schedule & lead problem solving teams to drive quality improvements withing processes
- Responsible for auditing internal systems to insure zero flow-out to HMMAR
- Oversee customer/supplier defect flow-out containment on-site
- Work with supplier to resolve quality problems in a timely manner including being aware of when countermeasure parts will arrive
- Frequent follow-up with suppliers to ensure adequate countermeasure are implemented, effective and sustained
- Audit internal systems and processes to ensure compliance with all internal quality and customer compliance
- Work with customer/supplier on ECI/PCR implementations
- Support weekend production as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (mechanical or industrial) OR 5 years production related work experience in welding, machining, and/or assemble in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of functions of automobile parts and their overall quality requirements
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines/targets
- Ability to identify and effectively resolve problems, based on data collection and analysis, to determine root cause
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- Maintain confidentiality of information for all Hino and customer parts and processes
- Ability to read CAD drawings
- Ability to learn unfamiliar process concepts, primarily through hands on work, observation and research
- Knowledge of welding and weld inspection, machining and assembly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills