Start here, end here. There is a reason why we have so many employees with 20+ years with the company-Pace offers careers. Join us in becoming the premier die casting manufacturer and engineering solutions supplier worldwide.
The Quality Manager oversees all Quality Assurance functions at the Plant level throughout the product launch and life-time cycles. The Quality Manager serves as a cross functional team leader, working closely with internal and external customers to ensure products and processes meet predetermined specifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
(but not limited to…)
- Establish procedures for maintaining high standards of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Determine and enforce quality and safety requirements in accordance with real company needs, based on current regulations and product development.
- Organize and promote companywide quality improvement efforts.
- Evaluate and develop improved techniques for the control of quality, reliability, and safety.
- Directly responsible for implementation and maintenance of the company quality system, reporting on the performance of the quality system for review and as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- The Quality Manager also has responsibility to act as liaison with external parties on matters relating to the quality system.
- Oversees APQP activity at the plant level regarding the development and documentation of Process Flow, PFMEA and the Control Plans. Prepares and submits PPAPs.
- Oversees the preparation, implementation, and maintenance of Quality Control work instructions.
- Oversees reporting and disposal procedures for RMA scrap material.
- Oversees the corrective action process.
- Oversees the preparation, implementation, and maintenance of an effective statistical methods program.
- Oversees the training of value stream personnel in the use of statistical methods.
- Oversees and leads quality improvement by establishing methods of data collection, control charting, dimensional inspection, documentation, or other experimental design techniques.
- Drives growth and development opportunities for succession planning and career pathing within the quality department. Oversees the development process and tracks performance and provides resources to meet goals.
- Directing the activities of the AS/ISO Administrator in relation to maintaining the QMS.
- Management of the Quality Control Technicians and the Quality Control Lab to ensure that product meets customer and quality standards.
- Ensure that the organization's Quality Management System conforms to customer, internal, AS9100/ISO 9001, and regulatory/legal requirements.
- Manage the monitoring, measurement, and review of internal processes, especially those that affect the quality of the organization's products.
- Report to top management on the performance of the QMS (e.g., results of quality audits, corrective actions), including the need for improvement.
- Responsible for accuracy and timely inspection/calibration of monitoring and measuring devices.
- Oversee the timely response to customer corrective action requests associated with returned product.
- Work with customers, employees, contractors, and outsourcing firms to develop product requirements as needed.
- Actively participate in production meetings with the sales, engineering, programming and manufacturing teams.
- Identify areas for Quality Control improvement and implement new methods accordingly.
- Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
Please note that the duties and requirements described herein are intended to represent general contents of this job. This is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties and responsibilities.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Technical degree required in such disciplines as Computer Engineering, CPA, etc, plus 5 years related experience and/or training, and 5 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Proficient in all quality application tools including SPC, APQP, PPAP (process flow, FMEA, Control plans, Gage R&R, Capability analysis).
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing, tools and application in an automotive setting.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or other technical discipline degree is required (or equivalent years' experience), along with 4-5 years job experience in a Senior Quality Engineering environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization, from production associates to senior leaders.
- Ability to function as a team player and be comfortable leading without authority.
- Ability to build credibility and trust.
- Ability to influence leaders and change their paradigms.
- Must be proficient with the use of the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Minitab statistical analysis software.
- Top management shall assign personnel with the responsibility and authority to ensure that customer requirements are met. These assignments shall be documented. This includes but is not limited to the selection of Special characteristics, setting quality objectives and related training, corrective and preventive actions, product design and development, capacity analysis, logistics information, customer scorecards, and customer portals.
Key Position Competencies:
- Communications – Listening, Reading Comprehension, Speaking and Writing.
- Cognition – Analysis/Reasoning, Creative & Innovative Thinking, Decision Making & Judgement, and Problem Solving.
- Personal Effectiveness – Accountability & Dependability, Adaptability & Flexibility, Customer Focus, Development & Continual Learning, Ethics & Integrity, Results Focus & Initiative, Safety Focus, Self-Management, Stress Tolerance, and Tact.
- Interaction with Others – Influencing Others, Relationship Building, Teamwork and Valuing Diversity
- Occupational – Advocating Causes, Enforcing Laws, Rules & Regulations, Facilitating Groups, Interviewing Others, Providing Consultation, and Presenting Information.
- Management Qualities – Business Alignment, Coaching and Mentoring, Leadership, Fiscal Accountability, Organizational & Political Savvy, Planning & Organizing, Staff Management and Strategic Vision.
Pace is a career destination for engaged, passionate and talented people who are driven to seek the innovation, growth and opportunity that only we offer.