Reports to: QA Manager
- Work directly with the customer's quality group and respond to quality issues presented.
- Address and fulfill customer requests, consulting Kasai NA management when necessary.
- Determine root cause for quality defects onsite that were manufactured by Kasai NA.
- Provide oral presentations, when needed to the customer on Kasai NA related issues.
- Obtain customer approval for control of parts.
- Issue Quality Concerns as needed. Feeds back to Kasai NA Plant.
- Coordinate accepted/rejected material movement between manufacturing plant and Nissan facility.
- Oversee data collection and interpretation to coordinate improvement efforts.
- Inspect/test materials for aesthetic and dimensional accuracy.
- Evaluate the results of "8D" response as to acceptability or corrective action.
- Communicate quality control information to all relevant organizational departments or outside vendors.
- Produce reports regarding nonconformance of products or processes, daily production quality, root cause analyses, or quality trends.
- Assist with training Quality associates.
- Follow established work practices that support compliance with all company policies, safety standards, 5S practices, regulatory and/or customer requirements.
- **Senior Quality Engineer: Mentors new quality engineers in the quality department in company procedures, engineering principles, and work practices.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in industrial engineering, industrial technology, manufacturing engineering or equivalent, or minimum of 4-6 years in the Quality field with 2 years in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous automotive experience, preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish helpful, but not required.
- Experience working with Windows operating system as well as Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Capable of using basic measurement devices such as micrometers, calipers, and indicators.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, etc.
- CMM Romer arm experience
- CAD and scanning software experience.
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time with limited prior notice.
- Must be able to work any assigned shift.
- Must have the ability to judge color visually and must pass the Farnsworth Munsell 100 Hue test every 2 years and pass test with a minimum score of 50.
This job operates in an office and manufacturing environment, and routinely uses standard office equipment. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The employee frequently is required to sit, and occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee may be required to work in hot temperatures.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instruction, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor.
Location (city, state or zip code) You must select a location. Education status You must select an education status answer. Seeking for You must select a seeking status answer. First Name* Last Name* Email* Phone Number* Name Email Location Job Title No file has been chosen Phone number