The primary function of this role is to support the Quality Team, all quality systems, and functions by driving continuous improvement and activities related to minimizing the costs of non-conformance. Support operations by identifying process improvement opportunities within the Oilgear manufacturing. Work with supervisory and support teams to participate and lead root cause and corrective action events to correct any process failings and drive improvement in quality and productivity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to):
1. Team member representing and supporting quality assurance in all department teams.
2. Champion a culture of Root Cause Analysis and Continuous Improvement.
3. Leader or team member of quality improvement projects to reduce costs and eliminate customer complaints.
4. Supplier quality focused to proactively prevent quality problems throughout the manufacturing process.
5. Assessing and validating test methods and performing root cause analysis studies.
6. Assuring compliance to internal procedures and external customer requirements and regulations.
7. Representing the customer, evaluating customer complaints and issues, samples, and trends, and determining the necessary action plans.
8. Leading Corrective Action Requests and Prevention Action (CAR’s), Risk Management, Quality at the Source and Customer Quality Index initiatives and deployment.
9. Assisting deployment of Statistical Process Control (SPC) methodology to control Key Process Indicators (KPI’S).
10. Using statistical techniques to create sampling plans and execute data analysis
11. Developing new test methods and execute test method validations for new and existing products.
12. Participating in internal/external quality system and process audits.
13. Providing change management oversight from the quality function to ensure adequate training and/or qualification of changes to assigned products and processes.
14. Support and enhance RMA and warranty processing.
15. Providing support to Design and Manufacturing Engineering team.
16. Strong working knowledge of ISO9001 quality management systems.
1. Bachelor's degree or Associates Degree with 3-4 years direct / related/ transferrable experience.
2. Ability to work within a multifunctional team and independently.
3. Minimum of two (2) years of combined experience working in a product, quality, engineering and/or Six Sigma environment
4. Minimum of one (1) year experience in a manufacturing environment required, three (3) to five (5) years preferred.
5. Knowledge of various quality system methodologies 8D, Lean, 5 Why’s, Pareto Analysis, Six Sigma, PFEMA, PPAP, etc.
6. Advanced computer skills using Microsoft Office applications.
7. Advanced knowledge of manufacturing processes, drawing interpretation & specifications, GD&T, etc.
8. Must have a valid driver’s license in good standing and the ability to travel
9. Strong organizational skills.
10. Knowledge of CMM layout techniques.
Relationships and Authority:
This position has no supervisory authority starting off but may change with skills of applicant.
Working Environment and Physical Demands:
Manufacturing plant and professional office environments.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.