Quality Control Assurance Engineer
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is looking for an experienced Quality Control Assurance Engineer to join our Lincoln, NE organization. We are expanding rapidly and looking for motivated and creative individuals who want to help support and shape this organization as we grow.
GD-OTS provides reliable and affordable composite products to the defense and commercial aerospace markets. With more than 50 years of expertise, General Dynamics designs, develops, manufactures and tests a full range of composite missile and space structures, including rocket motors, pressure vessels, launch tubes and fuel tanks.
Major Position Responsibilities
This role will primarily be focused on assuring compliance to customer requirements on assigned programs.
Will assume the primary responsibilities:
- Review contract requirements and write Quality Program Plans and Inspection Plans
- Perform and documents First Article Inspections, Physical and Functional Configuration Audits
- Interface with customer quality representatives
- Perform defect analysis as part of a Team and report findings to internal and external customers
- Lead root cause and corrective action teams to prevent defects
- Provide technical assistance to technicians and inspectors
- Prepare Test Plans, procedures and reports in compliance with customer requirements.
- Provide support for testing, including; fixture design, cost, estimates, and test proposals.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering or other related field.