United States of America
AK203: 6902 Elmendorf AFB, 6902 Elmendorf AFB,Eareckson AOFB,Shemya, Alaska, 99506, United States of America
***CONTINGENT UPON AWARD***
The position you are applying for is with Vertex Technology & Training Solutions which was formerly Raytheon Global Training & Logistics.
Vertex Aerospace LLC acquired Raytheon Global Training & Logistics in December 2021.Job Title:
Quality Assurance EngineerJob Description:
Raytheon currently has an opportunity for an experienced professional serving as the Quality Assurance Engineer in support of the Northwest Range Operations and Sustainment (NWROS) program, responsible for providing Quality Engineer support for the contract execution. Scope of work covers all facets of the contract execution with particular emphasis on complying with the Environmental Management Plan (EMP) for the Joint Pacific Range Complex (JPARC).
The NWROS is a turnkey, comprehensive support contract that facilitates sustainment/maintenance of range facilities, planning and execution of exercise and/or daily training mission support and Live-Virtual and Constructive (LVC) integration in support of training at Eielson AFB and Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AK. Key tasks include:
- Principal assistant for the PM in monitoring adherence to federal, state and local Environmental Protection regulatory procedures.
- Investigate/report compliance/non-compliance with the EMP and provide assistance in complying with Release Reporting Procedures, Hazardous Materials Management Plan (HMMP), Hazardous Waste Management Plan (HWMP), and Environmental Permit Management Procedure and Spill Prevention and Countermeasures Plan
- Responsible for notification of appropriate federal and/or state agencies of incidents or discovery of spills.
- Develop, implement and update as necessary a Hazardous Materials Management Plan (HMMP) as part of the (EMP). Included in the plan is HAZMAT waste inventories, turn-in requirements, utilizations, storage, handling, documentation and transportation procedures of HAZMAT and waste.
- Develop/implement Hazardous Waste Management Plan.
- Review/monitor and when necessary complete permit requests for Environmental Permit Management Procedures.
- Review/monitor compliance of all contractor personnel to the proper procedures for handling of hazardous materials.
- PM’s principal assistant in developing/implementing a comprehensive Occupational Health and Safety Plan (OHSP).
- When required, perform and document workplace walk-through safety inspections.
- Identify high risk areas based on known or potential hazards and recommend/implement appropriate mitigation.
- Conduct period Health and Safety training for the workforce to mitigate occupational and environmental risks.
- Work inside and outside in various temperatures providing assessments of facilities and range/training areas to identify and make recommendations to reduce/mitigate risks to the workforce.
- Attend meetings with government and contract employees.
- Plan/coordinate scheduled inspections and assessments to ensure minimal impact on training missions.
- Five years work related experience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to timely implement new solutions.
- Experience working as a Quality Assurance Specialist.
- Capable of operating in a dynamic environment, subject to rapid operational and environmental changes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to conduct presentations in front of senior level management and customers.
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong inter-personal skills and demonstrated ability to work across diverse groups of people and at all levels of an organization.
- Reside near or be willing to relocate to the vicinity of Fairbanks/Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska.
- Possess or have the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance.
- Prior military experience in a Brigade/Wing Operations Section; working knowledge of Joint/Combined military exercises.
- Experience working as in a QA Safety role during Live Fire Range Operations.
- Previous experience supporting live fire range operations for both direct fire and air delivered munitions with similar Instrumentation and Architecture.
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Quality Management, EHS or related fields. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of education requirement.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms