Overview of the QC Tank Room Tech I (MV)
Essential Functions of Job:
- Daily record gallons in tanks, monitor water usage in tanks and wells, ensure water is in specification, and inform management of any shortages or issues.
- Daily collect storage tank and source water samples and test for appropriate water quality checks, such as temperature, pH, turbidity, manganese and iron.
- Daily determine the tanks that are needed for filling and perform water changes as needed.
- Load and unload tankers as needed.
- Change out filters (HEPA, air handlers, etc.), UV lights and hoses at required frequencies.
- CIP storage tanks, lines, warmers and washers per required frequencies.
- CIP all fill supply lines and drain lines per required frequencies.
- Enter all flow readings, tank cleanings, and preventative maintenance in appropriate excel spreadsheets.
- Maintain housekeeping in and around the tank room and mezzanine area.
- Troubleshoot any problems in the tank room such as ozone, UV issues or filtration equipment.
- Ensure all tasks completed are properly documented and documentation is properly maintained.
- Consults with Quality Manager, Supervisors, and crew leads to resolve quality issues.
- Responsible for assisting with new hire training and cross trainings.
- Train on tasks completed by the Tank room Technician II and act as back up for Batching and CIP technicians I and II, Quality Technicians I, II, and III and sanitation.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have 1 year of experience in beverage manufacturing
- Must be able to read various measuring instruments (ounces, grams, PH meters, conductivity meters, etc.).
- Must be able to maintain laboratory pumps and instruments i.e. calibrate, verify and service.
- Knowledge of basic water chemistry a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds minimum.
- Copious walking and standing required.
- Must have excellent oral, written, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must be detailed oriented and energetic.
- Must be a self-starter with ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be available to work flexible hours including overtime and weekends.
- Must be forklift certified.
Who We Are
Primo Water North America is America's favorite water, coffee and filtration solutions provider--reaching customers when, how and where they need water and creating customers for life by making better-for-you beverages easy.
One of North America's largest bottled water companies, we deliver safe, great-tasting water to homes, businesses and retail locations across the U.S. and Canada via 12 regional brands and three national brands -- Alhambra, Canadian Springs, Crystal Rock, Crystal Springs, Deep Rock, Hinckley Springs, Kentwood Springs, Labrador Source, Mountain Valley Water, Mount Olympus, Nursery, Primo, Sierra Spring, Sparkletts and Vermont Pure.
In North America, we provide direct delivery to more than 1.6 million homes and business locations, and over 13,000 retail locations across 42 U.S. states and Canada, covering 90% of the U.S. population and 80% of the Canadian population. We are also proud to provide more than 22,000 water exchange and refill locations.
Please visit our website www.water.com for more information about Primo Water North America. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.