QA Tech III-CMM-3rd Shift
General Dynamics Ordnance and Tactical Systems is looking for an experienced QA Tech III-CMM Inspector-3rd shift to join our Lincoln, NE organization. We are expanding rapidly and looking for motivated and creative individuals who want to help support and shape this organization as we grow.
GD-OTS provides reliable and affordable composite products to the defense and commercial aerospace markets. With more than 50 years of expertise, General Dynamics designs, develops, manufactures and tests a full range of composite missile and space structures, including rocket motors, pressure vessels, launch tubes and fuel tanks.
Major Position Responsibilities
The QA Tech III-CMM Inspector-3rd shift will be responsible for operation of CMM Programs and inspection operations. The selected individual will make critical decisions in the inspection of highly complex parts, using the variety of hand tools and state of the art measurement system (CMM) using PC-DMIS that products are compliant to requirements as defined in engineering drawings, industry specifications, and internal procedures.
Other Responsibilities include:
- Operation of CMM using PC-DMIS
- Compares defects against standards and recommend disposition
- Reviews parts for conformance to drawings and specifications
- Interfacing internal / external customers and peers.
- Competent in operation of a CMM measurement system using PC-DMIS, Experience utilizing Brown and Sharp CMM is preferred but not required.
- Competent in GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances)
- Fully proficient knowledge of drawing interpretation
- Skill in using basic inspection/measurement tools
- Good Mechanical skills, High attention to detail, good computer skills.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
- Two Year Associate Degree in Technical field minimum (or equivalent experience).