As an AGP Purchasing Agent, you will be responsible for executing the procurement process including obtaining quotes for requested equipment, materials, supplies/services, as well as preparing and submitting paperwork, ordering, and inspecting equipment. This position acts to ensure the department maintains high standards and responds to any issues that arises.
- Complete purchase requests through sourcing, soliciting bids, evaluating options, negotiating prices and terms, writing purchase orders and contracts, tracking equipment, and performing follow up when necessary.
- Train and assist employees with the purchasing processes through reviewing equipment, providing user training, and follow-up support.
- Research current and future trends for quality and cost of available equipment, materials, supplies, or services including meeting with vendors.
- Review invoices, reports, contracts, agreements, and other legally binding documents and write purchase orders.
- Monitor and analyze trends and regulations.
Ag Processing Inc. is a cooperatively-owned agribusiness engaged in procuring, processing, marketing, and transporting of oilseeds, grains, and related products. Since our creation in 1983, AGP has grown in size, scope, and reputation – both in the U.S. and internationally. Our company has become the largest soybean processing cooperative in the world and has a diverse set of products, which includes renewable fuels, vegetable oil refining, ag products/grain, and international operations. AGP values its employees by offering competitive pay and a compensation package that includes:
- 100% employer funded pension plan
- 401k (Roth and traditional options) with a company match
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Life, long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Health savings account, medical and dependent care flex spending accounts
- Paid time off