The Pump Down Operator supports Wireline & Perforating field operations at the well site and operating base. This work includes operating and driving company equipment and vehicles between the operating base and the well site and while at the well site providing safe, quality and efficient service and technical support to the customer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in pre-job operating procedures and participate in safety meetings
- Understands rig-in specifications; perform in rigging operations.
- Takes direction and instruction from supervisor/Crew Chief on job operating procedures.
- Prepares and downhole equipment for deployment and assists in preventative maintenance of units and downhole equipment.
- Monitors equipment and operations.
- Provides superior customer service and to client.
- Ensures all field personnel paperwork (fuel reports, log books, job tickets, post job treatment reports, Transport of Dangerous Goods reports, quarterly inspection reports, etc.) is completely and accurately filled out, audited, and approved.
- Responsible for driving and operating heavy and complex wireline trucks and equipment as needed.
- Maintains truck and equipment to standards, and ensures all equipment, including personal protective equipment, is in proper working order.
- Inspects truck equipment and supplies such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water pre and post trip
- Promotes Safety Standards at all times: shop, yard, location and while traveling.
- Reports all hazards or potentially hazardous situations, accidents, incidents, and injuries
- Attend Safety and Operations meetings as directed.
- All other duties assigned
POSITION REQUIREMENTS – EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, EXPERIENCE:
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US
- Ability to pass company’s background check, drug screen and physical assessment
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly in English
- Ability to meet competency assessment required for job role
- Commercial Driver License (CDL) with Hazmat endorsement (preferred)
- NCCCO Crane Certified (preferred)
- 1+ years oilfield service experience (preferred)
- High school diploma or equivalent (preferred)
- Knowledge of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), Transport of Dangerous Goods (TDG), and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Good team player and ability to work as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- High level of safety awareness, aptitude and proactive safety attitude to safety, quality and efficiency.
- Ability to adapt to varying work schedules and travel as needed within the region.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Ranger Energy Services is an oil & gas completion and production solutions company with a foundation built on well servicing, wireline, and natural gas processing. Ranger Energy is committed to providing employees with a benefits program that is both comprehensive and competitive. The programs are designed to invest in you and the things you care about – your health, your family, and your future. Come join our team of highly skilled, motivated employees, working on state-of-the-art equipment with outstanding compensation and additional benefits, including:
- Flexible Spending Account/Health Savings Account
- Life Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- PTO (depending on eligibility)