Project Engineer - Controls
The Project Engineer - Controls is responsible for providing engineering expertise and technical support in the area of electrical and automation systems across multiple manufacturing sites throughout the North America region. This will require the ability to work across multiple segments (wet and dry pet food) and all aspects of electrical, instrumentation, and control disciplines for batch, continuous process, and packaging systems. The Project Manager Controls is an active member of the regional engineering and control teams and as well as project teams as assigned.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or other related electrical or controls degree. Advanced degree preferred
- Fluent in English with excellent communication (verbal and written) skills
- 5+ years’ experience in work experience in automation control - food, beverage, pharmaceutical or related industry preferable
- In depth knowledge of industrial low voltage electrical systems, instrumentation, PLC (preferably Allen-Bradley Logix), HMI/SCADA (preferably Rockwell FactoryTalk View), and industrial control networks.
- Fundamental knowledge of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES)/Manufacturing Operations Management (MOM) systems, Factory IT Systems (physical/virtual servers, networks), and Factory Cyber Security requirements.
- Fundamental understanding of project management.
- Working knowledge of local codes and regulations (NFPA/NEC/UL).
What will be your key responsibilities?
- Support and participate in electrical and automation standards development and deployment.
- Support and participate in category automation technology life cycle management and master planning.
- Provide input into project development process in terms of technical feasibility, innovative ideas, scope, specifications, schedule, and feasibility estimates for electrical and automation systems.
- Support capital projects through peer reviews and technical support to ensure projects have proper controls support, plans, and documentation.
- Provide automation support for plant innovations, performance enhancements, loss elimination, and process improvements.
- Provide project management for electrical and automation projects ensuring proper delivery of scope, schedule, budget, and cash flow.
- Proactively develop best practices and methodologies that increase the effectiveness and reduces the costs of electrical and automation systems.
- Seek and apply appropriate electrical and automation technologies to gain and sustain technical competitive advantage.
- Drive to identify, protect, and expand intellectual property of the corporation.
- Promote and follow the established ways of working.
- Support building central and site control associate’s knowledge and capability with electrical and automation systems.
- Actively participate and contribute to the Mars Petcare North American Controls Community of Experts (CoE).
- Support adherence to Safety, Security and Environmental policies and standards.
- Support adherence to Global Quality & Food Safety policies and standards.
- Support adherence to Global Sustainability in a Generation (SIG) policies and standards.
- Establish strong consulting and peer relationships with central technical team and site control, reliability, and CVS associates.
- Stay current in the industry standards and the most state of the art electrical and automation tools and methodologies.
What can you expect from Mars?
- Work with over 130,000 like-minded and talented Associates, all guided by The Five Principles.
- Join a purpose driven company, where we’re striving to build the world we want tomorrow, today.
- Best-in-class learning and development support from day one, including access to our in-house Mars University.
- An industry competitive salary and benefits package, including company bonus.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.