KBR is seeking a Program Manager to join our team in Kihei, HI. Our customer maintains an ongoing research and development (R&D) effort focused on exploring and innovating technologies that advance state-of-the-art ground-based, electro-optical space situational awareness, optical imaging, advanced space tracking, and space object characterization capabilities. This contract will fulfill our client’s commitments to operational customers and to develop improved, innovative, and enhanced capabilities that advance the state-of-the-art and better meet the near-term needs of these customers.
This position will be physically based in Kihei, HI.
- Security Clearance Requirements: Must currently hold an active TS with SCI eligibility
- Minimum 10 years of experience managing large (80 FTEs) technical and R&D groups, across a variety of technical disciplines
- Minimum 7 years of experience providing project / program management in a classified environment
- Demonstrated capability in managing large multi-task contracts of this scope and complexity
- Demonstrated experience working with multiple specialties in a “one team” environment
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Working knowledge of project management concepts and principles, including systems engineering, task planning, resource loaded integrated master schedules, budget planning and reporting
- Familiarity with the USAF and US Space Force space control/space domain awareness mission area
- Bachelor’s Degree in physics, optics, or engineering PLUS Master’s Degree in management or business administration
- Experience working closely with government customers
- Experience managing multiple complex projects with stakeholders and collaborators across the Intelligence Community
- Knowledge of the functions of an research lab devoted to ground-based, electro-optical space situational awareness, optical imaging, advanced space tracking, and space object characterization capabilities
- Experience managing and maintaining custom laboratory equipment
In compliance with the U.S. federal government’s vaccine mandate, only candidates who are fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have a reasonable accommodation or approved medical exception will be considered for this position.
KBR is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, union status and/or beliefs, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.