This position works under direct supervision and performs a variety of assembly operations on electronic and/or mechanical assemblies and/or sub-assemblies. This is a first shift position and the work schedule is 5:45 am - 4:15 pm Monday through Thursday.
Major Position Responsibilities
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Completes assemblies and subassemblies on warheads and rockets according to specifications.
- Disassemble, modify, rework, assemblies and subassemblies
- Maintain set-up and operate a variety of equipment such as presses, paint spray booths, parts washers, soldering, etc.
- Degrease, clean and oil weapon components using various types of chemical cleaners, oils, hot water, etc.
- Performs work from established written work instructions, diagrams and drawings, and uses hand and/or power tools, jigs, and saws.
- Make continuity checks on work in process and completed.
- Pack out finished product/component per standard operating procedures as required.
- Monitors work during assembly to identify defects in raw materials and in accordance with work instructions.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures, complying with legal regulations, and keeping work area clean and free of FOD.
- May be required to operate a forklift.
- May participate in continuous improvement activities
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) including one year manufacturing or related work experience. Career Ready Certificate or Wage Certificate.
Able to acquire and maintain ATF access from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Ability to work directly with and around explosives. Experience with various hand tools. Must be able to work in a team environment and effectively communicate. Ability to read, understand, and carry out written and/or oral work instructions. Good housekeeping skills.