Education & Experience
- Technical Associates or Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent experience.
- Experience with one or more Continuous Improvement Methodologies, such as, Lean, Six-Sigma, 5S, or Just-in-time
- 10 to 15 years of manufacturing experience in high end electronics manufacturing or a relevant industry. Job would ideally fit someone who has experience manufacturing highly engineered materials, electronic components or semiconductor manufacturing.
- 5 years minimum of supervisory experience
- Background in precision cutting, grinding, polishing would be a plus.
- Experience in device or system level testing desired. Would prefer a candidate who has experience with precision measuring instruments such as optical microscopes, profile-meters and interferometers.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and achieve results through others
- Experience with problem analysis and resolution at the functional level
- Proven track record of Continuous Improvement
- Able to develop plans, set goals, to evaluate work accomplishments and provide effective feedback
- Experienced with Total Quality\Business Excellence and business process management
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to present information clearly and concisely
- Must have strong problem solver and be an intuitive thinker
- Position requires advanced computer skills desired, such as the use of pivot tables in Excel.
- Must be able to work effectively across the management team including Senior Management, Engineering, other Supervisors, Maintenance and Facilities.
- Work with minimum supervision and is a self-starter
- Must be able to maintain detailed and accurate documentation in the proper format.
- Capable of developing and training new employees
- General knowledge of operations and equipment used in a high end electronics manufacturing business.
- Must be willing to work evenings and weekends when required.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and issues in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Ability to work with employees in a multi-cultural, global team environment
- Set a high standard of ethics, professionalism, leadership and competency
- Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
All employees are required to follow the site EHS procedures and Coherent Corp. EHS standards.
Quality and Environmental Responsibilities
Depending on location, this position may be responsible for the execution and maintenance of the ISO 9000, 9001, 14001 and/or other applicable standards that may apply to the relevant roles and responsibilities within the Quality Management System and Environmental Management System.
Ensure adherence to company’s values (ICARE) in all aspects of your position at Coherent Corp.:
Integrity – Create an Environment of Trust
Collaboration – Innovate Through the Sharing of Ideas
Accountability – Own the Process and the Outcome
Respect – Recognize the Value in Everyone
Enthusiasm – Find a Sense of Purpose in Work
Coherent Corp. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.