Responsible for the daily oversight of work assignments for the production floor on the assigned shift(s). Directly supervises the activities of press operators, packers, assemblers, and other production personnel on the assigned shift(s)
- Ensures that production parts are molded according to established quality standards for dimensional and weight specifications
- In conjunction with the shift Production Lead (if any), oversees the setup and startup of production jobs in accordance with standardized process parameters.
- Issues deviation documentation for any job that, for production purposes, cannot be run with the established standard parameters.
- Oversees the setup and operation of all pressing equipment to optimize production by monitoring cycle times, steam pressure and resin density, and scrap in order to meet and exceed established production standards.
- Assists the Production Manager with the coordination of tool changes and press startup activities in conjunction with production schedule(s).
- Responsible for training and performance evaluation for all production personnel within sphere of control
- Reports shift production result data for input into the company's ERP system and also records that data into the company's production history database.
- Ensure that the Environmental and Safety policies are followed.
- Comply with procedures, regulations, and instructions of environmental and safety programs.
- Promote the fulfillment and awareness of customer requirements, of quality system requirements, and all relevant state, federal, and local legal and regulatory requirements in Environmental and Safety aspects.
- Responsible for monitoring Key Performance Indicators(KPI's)
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of High School Diploma(or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate); Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience in a manufacturing setting. Experience may be substituted for the education requirement at the discretion of the hiring manager or the Plant Manager.