Tracking Code 2521-799 Job Description Design Group Americas is the world’s largest gift packaging company, producing paper, décor, creative play and dated good products for millions of customers throughout the United States and beyond. We transform paper and a whole lot more into products that help the world celebrate life’s special occasions. We are proud to serve the best retailers around the globe with a complete end-to-end service from design to distribution.
- Opportunities to learn, grow, and impact the Company,
- a fun work environment allowing your creativity to flourish and thrive,
- a comprehensive employee benefits package,
- and so much more!
- Assign employees to work stations, making adjustments at the start of and during each shift in accordance with production schedule, customer priorities, company policies and current production requirements.
- Interpret Company policies and production procedures to shift personnel and assure they are followed.
- Solve problems as they arise on shift and make decisions based on Company policy.
- Direct and oversee proper production and quality records.
- Review production reports to take corrective action or advise management of necessary steps to maintain proper quality and quantity.
- Conduct department interviews, present department orientation and oversee training of all new shift employees.
- Recommend and implement disciplinary action on shift employees according to Company policies after reviewing all the circumstances.
- Implement Company safety policies and procedures and promote 5S and good housekeeping practices for department facilities.
- Promote continuous performance and quality improvement efforts, monitoring and reporting processes.
- Promote Company philosophy and be available and approachable to all department employees.
- Participate in and facilitate monthly safety and communication meetings with department personnel.
- Coordinate and cooperate with other departments to help meet Company goals and objectives.
- A 90% presence on the shop floor is required.
- Direct and advise Lead Mechanic of daily production priorities.
- Promote and enforce plant wide housekeeping and 5S rules.
- Keep the Manager informed, on a timely basis, of department activities and any problem situations.
- Perform any other task necessary for the smooth operation of the department as a whole.
- Seven to ten years manufacturing or production experience with at least three of those years in a supervisory role to include distribution of work, scheduling, training, answering of questions related to work, assistance in problem solving, performance management and discipline.
- Ability to read, write and do basic math. Some post-secondary training or education desired.
- Intermediate level proficiency with MS Excel, MSWord, AS400 data retrieval and entry and ERP (JD Edwards preferred).
- Strong mechanical aptitude and problem solving skills highly desired.
- Continuous improvement certification or training a major plus.
- Ability to effectively present information in both large and small group settings.
- Color Acuity.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Design Group follows CDC guidelines.
Job Location Hagerstown, Maryland, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular ** Apply**
Who do you know at
IG Design Group Americas, Inc ** Share**